Searching for a Fitness Tracker that WON'T give me a rash!

(7 Posts)
ishouldcocoa Thu 04-Aug-16 06:12:38

I've had the Fitbit Surge since Christmas, and had to give up wearing it after about a month due to contact dermatitis. I swapped wrists, took it off at night etc etc, and then stopped wearing it.

I contacted Fitbit a few days ago, and they're willing to give me a refund on it. However, I did find it really motivating, and would like to continue with another one.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Ironically, I have a metal watch with metal bracelet, and had it for years. Never had a problem.

CourtAgain Thu 04-Aug-16 06:19:39

Garmin vivofit 2? It's still a plasticky type strap but I know people who reacted to Fitbt that don't react to Garmin.

Or a looser fitting bangle type...Jawbone.

chutneypig Thu 04-Aug-16 06:24:44

I have a Fitbit One which is the clip on version, so can clip on to bra/clothing or go in pockets etc. It has a fabric wrist band for sleeping too and I've never had problems. I've had contact dermatitis with watches in the past.

It has the more basic functions: steps, miles, floors, calories, active minutes and sleep, no gps or heart rate.

cexuwaleozbu Thu 04-Aug-16 06:26:51

My solution would work with any tracker - I cut up an old "knee high" stocking-sock and I wear a band of that stocking fabric against the skin and my fitness tracker over that. The fabric frays quickly so each piece has a shortish life but I have a constant turnover of the stocking-socks getting a ladder anyway so it's not an extra expense for me.

HairsprayQueen Thu 04-Aug-16 06:44:56

I had to return the Surge for the same reason so I then bought the Blaze and got a leather strap for it, same functions (except the gps needs a phone) but it seems to have done the trick- all kinds of leather and metal bracelets can be bought on eBay for it so you don't have to spend the extra £60 for a leather strap that Fitbit want.

ishouldcocoa Thu 04-Aug-16 09:06:41

cex I'm assuming that you don't have a HR monitor on yours, or does it work through the fabric?
Thanks for all your replies!

cexuwaleozbu Thu 04-Aug-16 10:45:49

No mine doesn't have a HR monitor - sorry no idea if that would stop it working sorry didn't think of that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now