Anyone used an incostress

(5 Posts)
Runnerfive2016 Sun 10-Jul-16 08:31:27

I've recently started running and completed the c25k. All was going well until I got to the longer runs and my pelvic floor started to fail me! I've had 2 DCs so things are not perfect but usually manageable with pelvic floor exercises. I've now become a bit paranoid that with all this running, my bits are going to fall out one day sad I'm not light so my poor pelvic floor has quite a lot of work to do!

Anyway, I was reading threads on here and looking at some of the advice from Gussie grips who is a pelvic floor physio. She suggested that lots of runners use an incostress - a silicone tampon thingy to keep everything in its place!! They aren't cheap so I wondered if anyone has tried one and how have you found it? They look erm interesting!

JoanFerguson Wed 13-Jul-16 10:44:21

A mooncup works for that. They're 20 quid.

Backingvocals Sun 17-Jul-16 19:50:50

I have one. Only used it a couple of times so far. You have to insert it really high as it can definitely move and I find it quite hard to get it high enough. One time I jogged it out blush. But persevering. Someone told me if the exercise is strenuous to need a sports bra you should also be using pelvic floor support shock

ChicRock Sun 17-Jul-16 19:52:17

I have no advice or help to offer, I merely clicked on this thread to find out what the heck an incostress was. grin

BennyTheBall Sun 17-Jul-16 19:57:25

Chicrock me too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now