Improving core/pelvic area exercise dvd/YouTube - is jillian safe?

(1 Post)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Tue 21-Jun-16 08:34:46

So I'm 7 mths post delivery of 3rd child in 4 years. I've always kept running through pregnancies until month 7 and got back into it approx 4/5mths after birth. Tried the same this time and I keep repeatedly damaging something near my hip area which means I can't walk on it for a few days and it takes weeks to get better. Then I run again and wind up on the same situation. An occupational therapist friend and keen runner thinks it could be I've a weak core/pelvic area so it's pulling down that dude. This makes sense given I've had 3 babies close together etc and also have split stomach muscles.
So. I'm desperate to run again and therefore need to improve my core strength. Can I do jillian Michaels 6 week abs? That's what seems to pop up most for exercise DVDs for core. I'm just worried it might be too ab focused and do me some damage! Can anyone recommend a workout if you don't think it would be right? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now