lightweight waterproof running jacket

(8 Posts)
RaisinGirls Sun 12-Jun-16 08:39:33

Stuck at home waiting for the rain to stop or at least slow down before I can go out for my long(ish!) run.

It's made me realise I need to add a lightweight waterproof jacket to my running clothes, so I can go out when I'm ready not when the weather dictates!

Any recommendations? Or ideas on where I can get one of these at the height of summer(!)

SandunesAndRainclouds Sun 12-Jun-16 08:41:44

I don't bother with one, especially in the spring / summer as I get too hot - even in the expensive, lightweight, breathable jackets.

I quite like the feel of the rain, it's refreshing! I do put a cap on though, that helps keep the rain out of my eyes.

Enjoy your soggy run smile

DavetheCat2001 Sun 12-Jun-16 08:42:38

I have this one:

www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Warehouse-Water-Resistant-Reflective-Running/dp/B00G4E7NB0/ref=sr_1_2?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1465717314&sr=1-2&keywords=mountain+warehouse+ladies+waterproof+jacket

It's good and cheap as chips on Amazon grin

RaisinGirls Sun 12-Jun-16 08:50:42

Thanks. Looks like I am going to have to give it a go in the rain. I'm pacing like a caged tiger at the moment!

Do you think that pink jacket would be a bit hot to run in this weather? I was looking for an ultra light weight and breathable one. Great price though, tempted to get it and try at that price!

SandunesAndRainclouds Sun 12-Jun-16 08:58:29

What about something like this with just a vest underneath?

m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0383587001.html

Believeitornot Sun 12-Jun-16 09:00:00

I just run in the rain. Only in the winter do I wear a hat.

But I get incredibly hot and cannot fathom anyone wearing more than a vest and running bra (plus bottoms) even on a cool spring day.

CMOTDibbler Sun 12-Jun-16 09:02:36

I do have a cheap as chips jacket, and a slightly more expensive one. They are OK when its cold and wet, but if its at all warm they are vile. I have a cycling softshell jacket that is water resistant which with nothing but a bra underneath works well as you are hot enough to warm the water before it gets to your skin, or a thin fleece. A visor (can't stand running in a hat) stops water dripping down my face

RaisinGirls Sun 12-Jun-16 12:46:23

I just ran in the rain in the end. It wasn't too bad. I think if I had even a lightweight jacket on I would have been too hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now