GPS Watch or FitBit Flex

(5 Posts)
TwoLittleBlooms Wed 04-May-16 17:23:30

It is my birthday soon and DH was going to get me a fitbit flex (I am trying to shift 4st of excess weight so would link it to mfp) but I have also just started C25K with the aim to take part in a 5k race in September.

I have just now spotted the TomTom GPS watch in argos which has been reduced (the upper limit to spend is £60) so just wondering if anybody has used this watch and if it is any good and better than fitbit flex?

Thanks

Princesspeach1980 Thu 05-May-16 07:52:19

I have a Tom Tom watch and it's great for running. I link mine to Strava, and from Strava to My Fitness Pal. I find it really interesting to check my times and distance after a run. I haven't had a Fitbit, but aren't they more of a step counter/general fitness tracker, while the gps will just measure your running.

Princesspeach1980 Thu 05-May-16 07:53:42

Ignore my rubbish stats, but this is the kind of info you get from the Tom Tom

TwoLittleBlooms Thu 05-May-16 08:34:19

Thanks for that ! That looks good, I would like to know that I am actually running (or crawling!) the 5k - which I am not sure the fitbit will do but that obviously will. Can I get that information on to my pc rather than a phone do you know? (I have an iPhone so out of date I can't download most these apps!)

Princesspeach1980 Thu 05-May-16 08:49:17

I've only used the app but I think I've seen my hubby update to the pc. It comes with a usb lead so presume you can connect it that way. The app it uses is Tom Tom My Sports if you want to see if your phone will work with it. I use iPhone 6 and connect it with Bluetooth.

The only slight downside I've just remembered to the watch is that it can take a few minutes to find a signal. I tend to start the watch up while I'm getting changed to go out, so I'm not stood waiting for it to find a signal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now