Fitbit charge users - how good is it for exercising?

(5 Posts)
ThisCharmingW0man Mon 02-May-16 16:43:54

Like the look of the fitbit charge, but is it any good for using when running? Is it possible to measure a workout on it? Not sure whether to go for this or a GPS watch. Thanks.

DoreenLethal Mon 02-May-16 16:50:35

Did you look at the Fitbit website which details all the features?

Zame Mon 02-May-16 17:41:24

Hi, it tracks steps and distance. I use the Fitbit app on the phone to measure a run though which gives details like speed etx so it's ok but I imagine a gps watch would be much better

ThisCharmingW0man Mon 02-May-16 18:23:08

Yes, tracking workouts does seem to be a feature of the charge,but from reading reviews I'm not sure how user friendly this is and wondered if anyone uses it successfully for this. Understand it works in conjunction with the app but will I need to be fiddling around with my phone prior to exercise or is there a button on the wristband that lets you indicate start/end of a workout? Like the look of the charge for general activity tracking, but also want to use it for running.

JoanFerguson Mon 02-May-16 19:51:18

You can track a workout by holding the button on the side and it will detect what kind of exercise it is. It also automatically detects exercises like if you go for a walk for example. For running, if you want an accurate track of km/route as well then you need to use the phone app which isn't massively fiddly but you need to have your phone and remember to start it tracking. I use my phone for music and like it with me just in case anyway so it suits me fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now