Bizarre running injury (with picture!) - please help - race on Sunday

(7 Posts)
Meggymoodle Mon 11-Apr-16 14:02:10

Rather badly fitting sports bra during a long run on Saturday caused rather extensive chaffing along the underside of one boob - I had no idea until I got in the shower after the run - ouch.

It is now sore and I'm slightly concerned about aggravating it again by the "jiggling" when running. I have a half marathon on Sunday which I have trained hard for and I don't want to be scuppered by a boob injury!

longdiling Mon 11-Apr-16 14:06:27

I get this! Wearing my bra over the top of a Base Layer helped the most. Applying loads of vaseline also helped. To get it to heal the best thing was to go bra free as much as possible. It should heal by the weekend!

Meggymoodle Mon 11-Apr-16 14:11:09

Glad it's not just being a numpty then. I have a better sports bra for racing in and I will swathe in Vaseline.

I was wondering about going bra-less - not a major issue as I work from home but just wondered if it might get a bit ahem..moist given where it is and I'm not as pert as I might be in any that area.

longdiling Mon 11-Apr-16 14:55:52

Ah OK, I'm not large of nork so the air can circulate under them reasonably well even without a bra. Maybe try a bra on top of a vest? I also did that when I had to leave the house.

Meggymoodle Mon 11-Apr-16 16:39:27

I tend to wear underwire as well which I guess is not helping. Oh the joys. I'm not particularly top-heavy just horribly saggy (hope no-one's eating reading this!).

CMOTDibbler Mon 11-Apr-16 16:49:30

Ow! To heal it, I'd do a layer of sudocreme under a non wire bra or soft crop top.

Chuck the bad sports bra, get fitted for new ones, and in the mean time buy some BodyGlide for your HM. Its much better than vaseline, and you can use it anywhere that might rub - I do between my toes, top inside of thighs, and round the edge of my bra for long runs

Meggymoodle Mon 11-Apr-16 17:53:37

Thanks CMOT I'll give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now