presents for a runner?

(12 Posts)
SearchingforSleep Tue 05-Apr-16 08:07:21

Just looking for advice... I am looking for a present for a friend who is a runner. She has been running for a couple of years and runs a couple of times a week, does half-marathons etc. Is there anything connected with running that might be appreciated as a gift? I am so not into running so I have no idea! Budget £20 ish.
Thanks

sassytheFIRST Tue 05-Apr-16 08:14:55

Saw a nice idea on Pinterest - a bunch of hooks on a backplate for displaying running medals. There was a quote or some such about running engraved or painted on.

stiffstink Tue 05-Apr-16 08:19:15

A set of lights, google Duskrunner.

PurpleWithRed Tue 05-Apr-16 08:19:46

A really good pair of running socks.
A pedicure.

MadauntofA Tue 05-Apr-16 08:20:32

A wiggle voucher

whiteagle Tue 05-Apr-16 08:21:24

Hilly running socks - i hate the expense of buying good socks so always nice to get a new pair.

AnnPerkins Tue 05-Apr-16 08:23:56

Runners World subscription?

I used to really enjoy it when I could justify the cost.

colleysmill Tue 05-Apr-16 08:29:17

I am not a serious runner but I recently bought a Buff adultwear neckerchief but you can wear it as a hat, scarf, bandana and in the summer as a mask to keep the flies out! Keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer. Lots of different designs.

I love mine

SearchingforSleep Tue 05-Apr-16 09:28:32

Oh wow! Thank you so much! smile Such lovely ideas - I had no idea there would be so many possibilities. Off to research...

lastqueenofscotland Tue 05-Apr-16 12:13:49

I'd personally steer clear of buying any kit! I know what I like and I'm not sure others will get it right!
I'd go for a voucher or if she races a medal display.

Gingerbics Fri 29-Apr-16 21:36:29

Search Run Bling, some gorgeous jewellery, keyrin g's etc, really tasteful too!

Dottymum2 Fri 29-Apr-16 22:55:46

Etsy has some nice bits but can take a while with delivery. Got my friend a lovely necklace recently that said run. On it, she loved it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now