why has this happened?

(7 Posts)
USERNAME213 Sun 03-Apr-16 12:43:12

So I never weigh myself but decided today I would not really thinking anything of it.

I've put on half a stone without realising it - no changes to the way I look, the way my clothes fit etc. So I'm now 9 st and a half.

I do HIIT 2 X a week and another form of exercise to make up three workouts per week. I eat well but maybe I've been eating too much? Just healthy fats and a good mix of carbs and protein.

Just not sure where that figure came from. I'm not building muscle...

USERNAME213 Sun 03-Apr-16 12:47:02

Also I realise I missed a comma in my first sentence! Grammar going everywhere.

lljkk Sun 03-Apr-16 13:12:27

do your clothes fit any different?

USERNAME213 Sun 03-Apr-16 14:15:13

No they don't! They're not looser or tighter. They just fit. I don't have muffin top or anything.

USERNAME213 Sun 03-Apr-16 18:46:26

Well - I've now weighed myself on three scales and they all have different results.

Scale 1 - 9.8
Scale 2 - 8.9
Scale 3 - 8.13

So basically God knows what's going on.

MrsMook Mon 04-Apr-16 08:04:46

You probably are toning up with muscle. Its more dense than fat so can make you weigh more without changing volume. People can lose inches while gaining muscle weight. Female homones mean it is unusual to bulk up when exercising within usual levels.

Are the batteries going in the scales?
A tape measure is a good guide to body changes as it's less prone to variables than a pair of scales. Also taking photos to compare changes.

JeanGenie23 Mon 04-Apr-16 08:08:38

I would hold off from weighing yourself again for a few days.

Were the scales on a flat hard surface, I.e not carpet or bumpy Lino?
Have you recently had a period? The week I am on and the few days after I can have a difference of 3/4lbs.

Lastly muscle weighs more than fat so that may also be a contributing factor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now