anyone else hyper mobile and doing weights?

(1 Post)
Howmanyminutes Thu 31-Mar-16 10:24:05

I've been told I'm hyper mobile lots of times, not by a doctor as I haven't had issues (so must be mild) but by gym instructors/ trainers. I got spd in my pregnancies and after 2 pregnancies it seems to be an issue where it wasn't before. Im doing kettkebell stuff at home which I love (gym membership not an option at the moment) I can feel my knees doing odd things as well as my hips, lots of clicking and find it hard to know if I'm doing stuff at the right angle without a huge mirror like in the gym. I trialed a strength class recently and judging by the instructors constant adjustment of my position I just can't feel when somethings going too far. My knees seem to rotate all over the place. I love weights / kettle bells but don't want to knackered my joints in the process! Ideally I'd love to have sessions with a pt or physio who knows about this stuff to set me on the right path but won't be able to afford that for a while. Anyone else with experience of this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now