Exercise at home?

(6 Posts)
VashtaNerada Mon 28-Mar-16 08:28:39

Hi, I'm after tips for exercise I can do at home whilst DC are asleep and DH at work. Currently the only exercise I do during the day is walking (I work long hours but travel a lot so plenty of walking to meetings) but I'm overweight and need to step it up a gear. I don't have much open space at home but have a small living room and stairs. Can't afford any expensive equipment. Any tips welcome! Thanks.

RoastieToastieReastie Mon 28-Mar-16 12:06:04

Have you ever tried shred DVD?

Spotsondots Wed 30-Mar-16 11:14:02

DVDs like Davina are good. Alternatively do some interval type stuff - lunges, squats, push ups, burpees, jogging on spot, triceps dips, biceps curls, planks etc. Can do it all with minimal equipment (an exercise mat. Some bottles of water as weights) and don't need loads of space either. I also own a skipping rope and a hula hoop to mix it up a bit. DH is away a lot and we have a 2y DS so I have had to get creative! I also subscribe to yoopod which is an online bank of Pilates and yoga workouts. Hope this helps give you some ideas.

Shirkingfromhome Wed 30-Mar-16 11:17:29

Agree with Spotsondots Davina Fit is brilliant, I've got a few of hers. You can mix up the routines and there's a low impact routine to follow if you're just starting out. I think it's quite a good all round workout if you're short on time. It's like anything though, you only get out what you put in so if you do it half-heartedly then you'll only get half-hearted results.

VashtaNerada Wed 30-Mar-16 16:25:19

These are all great tips, thanks! I've also discovered aerobics routines on YouTube so have tried a few of those in the last few days.

Shortandsweet20 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:39:17

Results with Lucy is fab, lots of different options and you don't need equipment you can use water bottles, bags of flour etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now