Love exercise, hate sweat.

(9 Posts)
Ihopethissongstartsacraze Sat 05-Mar-16 20:49:44

I am really enjoying my exercise at the moment and do a combination of spinning and HIIT classes. The one thing that really bothers me is the sweat. Especially swear in my eyes. angry

Will I sweat less as I get fitter (I started a month ago)?

Any tips regarding clothes? I wear those tops/leggings that wick - always capri pants and vests.

Am I destined to have to carry a towel round forever?

TIA!

noodlingabout Sat 05-Mar-16 20:54:08

IME You'll get fitter and work harder and keep sweating, sorry.

But keep it up! It'll be worth it.

and you'll get used to it. It's not a good spinning class unless your sweat drips on the floor near your bike (I know, yuk, but also <pride>)

lamiashiro Sat 05-Mar-16 20:57:22

Yes, probably. Even when I was very fit I always sweated when working out, especially on my head and face as I have long, thick hair and even tied back it gets hot.

I wear wicking clothes for cardio stuff, but it doesn't stop you getting sweaty in the first place and I always take a towel into the gym. Best tip I can think of is a decent warm down after your workout, then a cool shower to help bring your temperature down.

Ihopethissongstartsacraze Sat 05-Mar-16 21:16:55

I too have thick long hair. Obviously it's that to blame!

noodling Good point! And I will. Spinning is like a drug at the moment for me.

Warm down and cool shower sound good.

Another question if I can! Do you use those mircofibre towels or just normal ones?

onlywhenyouleave Sat 05-Mar-16 21:21:20

Some people just sweat more than others - it is not related to fitness!

I am a 'sweater' but have got used to it - but yes I need a towel on hand at all times.

CMOTDibbler Sat 05-Mar-16 21:22:57

You can't stop the sweating, but you can stop the sweat in your eyes. DH has a Halo band which stopped the sweat trickling down when headbands and buffs folded up had failed

noodlingabout Sat 05-Mar-16 22:51:10

If I take a towel, micro fibre for weight (cycling to work) but otherwise the rough things the gym has - I view it as exfoliating!
Careful with size of micro fibre towel - some are tiny. They get softer after washing.

Spinning is fab. Can't beat a good spinning class. Even if you do think you might vomit grin.

Yohoodlum Sat 05-Mar-16 23:11:22

Im a sweater and a red face'er regardless f fitness levels. I've been really fit and still looked like a wet tomatoblush. I used to be embarrassed but I don't care anymore

The more you sweat the better the shower is afterwards.

Btw if you are not sweating after spinning you are doing it wrong wink

Ihopethissongstartsacraze Sun 06-Mar-16 11:23:44

Wet tomatoes unite! 😁 Never mind. I'm glad to hear I'm in good company.

I'll look into the headband thank you CMOT

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now