Help - Calf Muscle Injury!

(3 Posts)
whyistherumgone Sat 27-Feb-16 12:04:56

Hello all, I've recently started running again after a while out of it. Built up to three 5k runs in the week and an 8k on a sunday. All going really well until I started getting a really tight right calf muscle afterwards.
Have been warming up/warming down/stretching etc but it didn't seem to ease it and now the pain is really bad - no longer feels tight exactly but I get really bad pain in my calf when i 'roll' my foot from heel to toe. Doesn't seem to fit the description of a tear, gets worse overnight and then eases off a bit during the day. Have a doctor's appointment booked for a week's time (soonest they could fit me) but would prefer to be able to stretch it/fix it myself as it feels like a bit of a waste of their time! Any suggestions as to what it is and how to ease it would be great smile Ta in advance x

Hamishandthefoxes Sat 27-Feb-16 12:21:42

I had something which sounds similar. It was 'fixed' by yoga and physio rather than the dr do it might be worth getting s physio spot if you can afford it.

I found I needed to stretch my calf more than j thought possible and with my foot turned in to stretch different muscles - there are some good ones on YouTube.

IShouldBeSoLurky Sun 28-Feb-16 13:49:20

I have a similar problem but no solution. It's been two months now and just not getting better. Physio is just telling me to do calf raises but I don't think they are helping. Fucking fed up TBH and marking place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now