Does a Fitbit flex work if you're pushing a buggy?

(12 Posts)
zippyswife Sun 21-Feb-16 14:48:34

I had ds 3 weeks ago and I am
Itching to get out and get fit again. I was planning on buying a Fitbit flex but wanted to check that it still works if you're pushing A buggy/pram as that is mainly what I'll be doing.

CMOTDibbler Sun 21-Feb-16 16:17:36

I think you need to put it on your ankle or in your pocket for it to work

susannahmoodie Sun 21-Feb-16 16:24:14

I have a charge hr- went for a walk with ds in pushchair this morning and Fitbit said I had done a bike ride?? Presumably because arms not moving but heart rate up?

trilbydoll Sun 21-Feb-16 16:26:03

I've got a charge on my wrist and it does work - it tends to under record steps while I'm pushing the buggy but records steps when I'm in the rocking chair so I figure it evens out!

Allyoucaneat Sun 21-Feb-16 16:27:34

I have a flex and it records steps while pushing buggy.

nbee84 Sun 21-Feb-16 16:29:28

They miss a lot of steps if you're walking on smooth flat surfaces. They also miss steps walking around the supermarket pushing a trolley. They do work and count steps if you pop it in your pocket.

zippyswife Sun 21-Feb-16 17:59:08

Thanks all. Am I better off with a zip then? But what if I'm Pocketless?

JennyOnAPlate Sun 21-Feb-16 18:01:17

I have a zip and I clip it to my bra (in the middle between my boobs!) or in the waist band of whatever I'm wearing.

I was torn because I wanted a charge for the heart rate monitor but I read that you have to walk with your arms swinging to get an accurate count.

zippyswife Sun 21-Feb-16 18:05:40

Hmmm I'm not bothered about the heart rate monitor. Maybe I'll just go for the zip given most of the walking will be with the pram. Does it come with a zip? Is it comfortable on your bra Jenny?

chutneypig Sun 21-Feb-16 21:33:32

I have a Fitbit One and it works well clipped on to my bra. I've had it three years and it's completely unnoticeable.

notapizzaeater Sun 21-Feb-16 21:53:27

I pop it in my bra or my sock to get the best readings

hilbil21 Sun 21-Feb-16 22:02:49

In bra X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now