Anyone tried the one week shred?

(6 Posts)
Dogadviceneeded Sun 07-Feb-16 15:41:59

I did 30DS back in December, now halfway through RI30 and really enjoying it. I've built up some muscle and lost a bit of weight (the weight loss only really happened when I started low carbing also). Annoyingly the muscles are still pretty well hidden under a layer of fat!

I have quite a few days of annual leave to use up before the end of March and am toying with the idea of taking a week off to do the one week shred (in combination with sticking strictly to the diet). Am I kidding myself that this would make a big difference? Or is there any other one week plan I could consider?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

OwlCurrency Sun 07-Feb-16 15:45:03

It's hard! But not impossible. Especially if you have been building up to it with other Jillian workouts.

By day three or four, you will feel absolutely invincible!

Dogadviceneeded Sun 07-Feb-16 15:45:13

Oh and if it makes a difference, I'm currently 10 stone ish and 5'6" tall. I'd love to get to about 9 stone 7 or a bit less for the summer (although I appreciate that this won't happen in a week!) as well as improving my muscle definition.

OwlCurrency Sun 07-Feb-16 20:51:39

I don't think you lose so much weight with exercise. But you can gain so much strength and definition. Concentrate on getting fitter.

Dogadviceneeded Mon 08-Feb-16 04:30:40

Thanks Owl. Did you stick to it for the whole 7 days? Do you think it made a noticeable difference?

OwlCurrency Mon 08-Feb-16 12:38:50

I did it for about four days, but found it hard after that to fit two workouts in. If you are off work, it should be doable.

Yes, it does make a big difference. Especially if you eat very healthily at the same time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now