Buggies to run with

(14 Posts)
KittyandTeal Sun 10-Jan-16 16:33:32

Having recently found out I am pregnant (bit of a surprise) I have talked my dh into buying a new buggy that I can run with.

I will probably want it to fit a newborn (I know I can't run with a newborn but need it from the start)

Has anyone got a buggy that they love running with?

Pancakeflipper Sun 10-Jan-16 17:16:54

We had a second hand Mountain Buggy terrain. Not so much for running but jogging over rough terrain and also another second hand one from Jane - a 3 wheeler one that was fantastic - could jog on the beach with that one.

Not sure about newborn as my children were months old but I am sure there's ways they make them into a suitable system.

Pancakeflipper Sun 10-Jan-16 17:17:28

ooh and congrats!!

KittyandTeal Sun 10-Jan-16 17:19:06

Thanks, I'll have a look at the mountain jogger

lavendersun Sun 10-Jan-16 17:22:12

Bob - loved it and did so many miles I had to change the tyres.

KittyandTeal Sun 10-Jan-16 18:42:50

Bob? As in it's called a bob? I'll google grin

quite like the idea of naming buggies like I name the cars

5madthings Sun 10-Jan-16 18:46:14

The bob buggies or instep nipper 360, they do a few diff models.

I am getting a croozer, but it's a bike trailer as well as a running buggy. And it can have a little swivel front wheel as well for around town eyc.

What will you be using it for other than running? I mean lifestyle wise,in car on bus, lots of walking?

CoperCabana Sun 10-Jan-16 18:50:24

I had a nipper and it was fine from newborn. I didn't run with it but I think you can. I walked for miles with it with my baby and my dog and loved it.

CoperCabana Sun 10-Jan-16 18:50:44

Congratulations btw!

museumum Sun 10-Jan-16 18:56:41

Bob used to sponsor parkrun I think they're generally thought the best for running but not sure it's the best for a general buggy.

KittyandTeal Sun 10-Jan-16 18:58:48

Just looked, they look really good. And they seem to fold fairly small too.

Some great tips, thanks

KittyandTeal Sun 10-Jan-16 19:00:42

I'll be using it generally too but I don't tend to go into town much tbh. Mainly be preschool/school run and running. Other times will hopefully have baby is a sling (sounds a bit easier with a preschooler too)

glorious Sun 10-Jan-16 19:01:40

Baby jogger summit (not the other baby joggers despite the name).

lavendersun Sun 10-Jan-16 19:36:24

Oops, sorry yes, Bob is the name blush. That was my only pushchair, it did everything. I don't remember struggling with it at all, but I have got an estate car.

I did drop a wheel once when putting it in a roof box which still haunts me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now