Anyone done Manchester marathon?

(7 Posts)
CMOTDibbler Tue 27-Oct-15 15:46:55

I'm looking for a spring marathon (having failed to get a VLM place), and my most local marathons are really boring courses, both being two laps of rural courses. I really fancied the Liverpool Rock and Roll, but its the week before a friends wedding, so is out.

Which leaves Manchester - not too far from us (2 hour drive still), and at least its urban.

Just wondered if anyone had done it or knew anything about it?

MumOnTheRunAgain Tue 27-Oct-15 16:45:52

Hmm not too sure I fancy it, tho dd is at uni up there and wants me to go up to do it ( when I was sulking as didn't get vlm either)

I'm doing MK half this year, but they also do the full marathon at same time. Fab stadium finish too! I'm worried it will be tipping it down in Manchester, I hate rain!

CMOTDibbler Tue 27-Oct-15 16:50:44

Not so bothered by rain, I just hate boring courses.

MK sounds good though, and though theres no route map yet it says they are reducing loops and overpasses.

lastqueenofscotland Wed 28-Oct-15 08:25:16

It's flat!!!

If they do hull again that's a nice course, no laps, and you get to run over the bridge. It's end of season though (October)
Loch Ness ? Again October...

Brighton is usually pretty popular

MumOnTheRunAgain Wed 28-Oct-15 08:28:23

Entry for Brighton has been and gone now for 2016

Like the sound of Hull!

CMOTDibbler Wed 28-Oct-15 09:08:22

I wanted to do something in April so I was done with marathon training before the triathlon and sportive season started.

I did think about Brighton, but its a long way from here so didnt go for the rerelease entry.

Rufuswetwipe Fri 01-Jan-16 21:15:44

Why not try abroad? Cheap easy jet flights and air bnb. Berlin, Vienna, Barcelona?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now