What do you listen to when you run?

(10 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Tue 06-Oct-15 14:53:24

I need to download something else to run to.

Currently its Green Day - American idiot. Its really motivating but i am getting heartily sick of it. Im a bit oldfashioned in my musical taste so i don't like modern dance music or anything that would be played in an aerobic class as my ears might melt.

Any ideas?

MrsMook Tue 06-Oct-15 16:29:59

Anything! My taste in music is pretty diverse so I have all sorts from the 60s to the present, rock, pop, indie, dance, folk...

I've got several playlists. General mix of most of the catalogue on my phone, and a couple of others of varying levels of beat depending on the pace I want to run to.

On long runs (been training for a HM), I use the zombies run app where the story interperses with a play list. That often gets me giggling while running as it's got proper British sci fi humour running through.

TheoriginalLEM Tue 06-Oct-15 17:28:13

Ive heard of the zombie run app, i might have to google that - i dont have much of a playlist though. Be good for DP as he is training for a marathon, although he didn't get in he is going to try for a HM. I just like to run, im not very good at it and im quite a heffer so the music is definately needed.

TriJo Wed 07-Oct-15 07:45:53

I've been loving TFI Friday - The Album lately, compilation of 90s indie and rock. All the stuff I grew up with.

Thefitfatty Wed 07-Oct-15 07:47:48

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Gin Wigmore, Elle King, Alex Hepburn, Pink and Sia, at the moment. As you can see I like female singers. LOL.

chrome100 Mon 12-Oct-15 15:25:56

I listen to podcasts (currently in French as I am trying to resurrect my ancient degree). I love it. I kind of zone out and cover miles without really thinking about it, and learn lots too. It's especially good now the mornings are dark (the time I run) because I have to stick to the streets and it's pretty boring.

Rufuswetwipe Fri 01-Jan-16 21:20:18

Apparently Eminem is the most performance enhancing music to listen to while running. I stream an Eminem "mix" from youtube

Samantha28 Fri 01-Jan-16 21:23:07

I don't listen to music as the beat annoys me unless it's exactly right . So I listen to podcasts , lost of different ones . I'm interesting in zoning out, like chrome .

megletthesecond Fri 01-Jan-16 21:31:06

Loads of things. Lots of Kanye West (power and black skinhead have got a bit of welly in them) dance, rock, pop love a bit of Taylor swift.

Why not look through running tracks play lists and see what inspires you?

FullOfChoc Fri 01-Jan-16 21:40:42

I like the now running complilations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now