Hi, I've had my second (and last baby) 16 weeks ago and this time have such a wobbly tummy!

(5 Posts)
Swifey Sun 20-Sep-15 07:34:12

I have a weighted hula hoop ring which I will try and use for 10 minutes a day. Will this help? And what else can I do? I also have a 3yr old, so excercise is proving tricky. I also lucked out on will power! I'm 37, and could do with toning up, and losing about 10-12lbs. My diet is good (exuding the wine, but I don't want to give that up, it's my only vice! wink). So any ideas for short, easy work outs that will produce results? Thanks in advance.

Swifey Sun 20-Sep-15 10:48:12

Hi, anyone around? smile

Swifey Sun 20-Sep-15 20:06:58

I'm staring into the abyss of the excercise section! ?? help me please....

suzannecaravan Sun 20-Sep-15 21:18:52

Hi Swifeysmile I think the painful truth is that there isn't anything easy and quick that works, however there are more or less efficient uses of time when it comes to exercise.
Possibly some sort of bodyweight based resistance training, squats, lunges, dips press ups which can be done at home.

There are you tube channels which can help, fitness blender is popular, or there are shred type programs.

I dont have dependant children so am gym/outdoor based but I'm pretty sure there are a good amount of people in this section who find home workouts work for them so hopefully someone can contribute something useful (rather than just ramble on like I just did grin)

MrsMook Sun 20-Sep-15 22:06:59

Check your abdominal gap. Lots of results for this on Google. If the gap is more than 2 finger widths, then your core muscles are weakened and not ready for more strenuous abs work like crunches. There are exercises to encourage the muscles to come back together.

It takes an unpleasant combination of patience and effort. I can finally look respectable in a carefully chosen bikini but I'm stuck with tucking the saggy surplus skin into a high waist. It's a glamorous life! (Ds1 was an inconsiderately huge bump, and according to Newton, my elastic limit was exceeded confused)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now