Can anyone recommend a good exercise DVD?

(12 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Mon 22-Jun-15 14:07:52

I want something I can do at home (in a flat so not lots of jumping!) to help me tone up as I'm dieting but aware I need to exercise if I want to change my overall shape.

cuddingandpustard Mon 22-Jun-15 15:06:23

I do a lot of Jillian Michaels dvds which are great but do include some quite 'jumpy' moves which seem to shake the foundations of my house when I do them grin

Davina's Power of 3 is a brilliant work out which I always come back to and doesn't involve much jumping, I've tried others of Davina's but none seem to work my muscles as much as Power of 3

buffersandbumpers Mon 22-Jun-15 22:36:38

Same as CuddingandPustard said. Davina DVDs are great - you will see a difference after about 6 weeks so stock with it. Jillian Michaels are great for results, but I wouldn't do them in the first 12 months after a baby - or at least until you've built up reasonable core strength otherwise you could do damage if not performed properly.

Wolfiefan Mon 22-Jun-15 22:41:12

Watching with interest. Tried to shred but too much jumping for me.

MyGastIsFlabbered Mon 22-Jun-15 22:47:17

Anyone want to be my DVD gym buddy?

silversixpence Wed 24-Jun-15 07:26:38

I like the kettlercise DVD for toning, there are squats which hurt my knees but the rest is great.

Branleuse Wed 24-Jun-15 07:43:26

tracy anderson mat method doesnt have any jumping around. It's more like pilates on steroids

ihatethecold Wed 24-Jun-15 07:49:27

I use ripped in 30 and 30 day shred by Julian micheals.
You will get results. But be careful. It's very easy to injure yourself if you don't know what you're doing.
I now adapt her dvd with some Pilates moves to protect my lower back.
I do need some new ideas though.
Davina I find annoying in her DVDs.
I've been searching online and found blogilates and Fitnessblender on you tube to look ok.

sleeplessinderbyshire Sun 28-Jun-15 19:13:13

I like the older Davina ones and the 30DS. Recently bought new Davina one with seven minute HIIT workouts on which I quite like. Best if all is the Les Mills bodycombat one I found on Amazon which feels not dissimilar to being in a proper bodycombat class in a gym

Wolfiefan Sun 28-Jun-15 19:40:33

Sleepless I've looked at that. I can't do anything that involves lots of impact. What's it like?

sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 29-Jun-15 22:52:41

Davina one is not high impact at all. Bodycombat has lower impact options but is generally higher impact all over

Wolfiefan Mon 29-Jun-15 22:56:47

Thanks sleepless. I've done a body combat class which I loved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now