Flattering running tights/capris

(19 Posts)
nicecupofteaplease Mon 11-May-15 09:53:14

Gah! I am fed up of running tights that sit just at the wrong place on my waist and make me look like I have much more of a muffin top than I actually do. Has anyone found flattering to the midriff - maybe slightly higher waisted - running tights or capris?

Can you help?

Metaphors Mon 11-May-15 10:09:07

I get all my running stuff at More Mile Excellent quality for the price IMO and several of their running tights have an extra wide waistband.

Superherosidekick Mon 11-May-15 10:17:59

Most of the reebok capris have a wider/soft waistband that doesn't dig in. They have seamless ones too which I think are quite flattering. Size down with reebok though.

louloubelle2 Mon 11-May-15 11:04:59

I have to say my favourites for fit and quality are from Gap. With one of their discount codes, (which seem to be dished out constantly at the moment, so you shouldn't have to wait long) they can be around £20 a pair. Spend extra to get free delivery then return the extra to store if you need to.

I've got three pairs of capris from them, two are these, the others aren't online anymore:

www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=87208&vid=1&pid=000421113000

www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=87208&vid=1&pid=000421113000

A few months in of regular weekly wear, working out 4x a week, they wash better than my Nike ones, which have bobbled on the inside of the legs.

NathalieM Mon 11-May-15 14:38:47

I know what you mean, I am always envious of the girls in the gym who look incredible in theirs!! I have actually found that the Adidas capri length running tights are that bit higher waisted and solves this problem for me, maybe give a pair of those a go?

I brought mine from Mnwear (www.mnwear.co.uk/) which is an online sports shop that sells discounted sportswear from Nike, Adidas Puma etc. its really useful as I don't want to spend hundreds on sports clothes but still want the quality.

A friend of mine did mention More Mile as being good too, but I haven't seen her since she had the clothes delivered to get a final verdict!

Best of luck

Nat xo

Pussycatbow Tue 12-May-15 07:52:44

Sweaty Betty do great yoga capris which are tight fitting with a very high, roll down waist band. I love them for the gym. Pricey, though.

SaltySeaBird Tue 12-May-15 07:54:23

Another vote for GAP - they are flattering and wash well. I've got six pairs now!

eurochick Tue 12-May-15 07:55:25

Ronhill are great.

AlwaysOneMissing Wed 13-May-15 14:29:34

That exaggerated muffin top makes me work harder grin
Incentive to get rid of it so I look better in my work out gear!!

berri Thu 14-May-15 13:39:56

Gap ones always fall down when I run….the best ones I've found are from Moving Comfort - they are tight and hold everything in, with a high enough waist that I'm not pulling at them all the time.

The first pair I got was from a random sports shop but have since found them cheaper on Amazon.

moonfacebaby Thu 14-May-15 13:45:55

I got a fantastic pair in Aldi the other day - £4.99!!!! High waisted, decent thickness of fabric - wore them today & was very impressed....

itsveryyou Thu 14-May-15 18:33:38

I love plain black MPG ones, I get them from TKMaxx, they're compression running leggings so suck everything in, which is fabulous! I do however find that they slip a little at the waist until I'm warmed up (and the sweat makes them stick - TMI?!) I have both long and capri, nice wide waistband and long enough to hit just below the waist, rather than hip level.

Also have a great pair of Daskin ones which were cheap, but really nice pattern and a drawstring waist, which means they stay up.

ThursdayLast Fri 15-May-15 18:41:09

Oh I just get men's Karrimor ones usually grin
Special laaaadiiiies ones always fall down when I run down hill!

herewegoloopyloo Sun 17-May-15 21:05:43

Can highly recommend BAM bamboo clothing deep waisted Enduro Capri pants. Love, love, love them. Deep waist v flattering. I have a couple of pairs as also use for cycling (flattering for that leant over cycling posture). I also have the longer length ones but they don't seem to stay up as well if they get wet (running in rain), although that has been with phone in back pocket. The fabric is lovely though. Not sure if link will work but easy to find on google. bambooclothing.co.uk/category/for%20her

ChrissieLatham Sun 17-May-15 22:15:00

I got mine from new look, a bargain at £14.99 and they have a little pocket at the back for my iPod. They are what gave me the incentive to complete week 1 of the c25k this week!!grin

Faiby Fri 05-Jun-15 12:14:09

Another vote for BAM's Enduro leggings - I have the capri for running and pilates/yoga, and the longer pair for wearing out with a long top as the fabric is super soft and isn't see-through. Nothing worse than see-through black leggings... www.bambooclothing.co.uk smile

sebsmummy1 Fri 05-Jun-15 12:18:20

Can I recommend TKMaxx. I knew that baggy capris were quite flattering on me and went in there to see if they had anything similar to my scruffy tracksuit bottom capris. They had lots of different types and I took a load into the changing room and tried them all on.

Only one was great but it's so flattering. It comes up to the waist, is a lightweight material and just some how is very slimming. I'm wearing them now so I could have a look at who makes them but my point is really you need to try in some different styles I think. TKMaxx has lots of different brands that you don't tend to see otherwise, it's my new favourite shop!!

Dismalfuckers Fri 05-Jun-15 22:09:00

I Have Sainsburys ones that are really good: high waist and stay up, but no drawstring.

TheBlackRider Fri 05-Jun-15 22:13:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now