Zumba shoes?

(9 Posts)
J0eypie Sun 27-Jul-14 21:04:17

Went to my first ever Zumba class this week - Dd is 12 weeks old and haven't done any exercise since before I was pregnant with Ds, who's now 2. Anyway I love love loved it! Took me back to my 18 year old self when I was seriously into aerobics...a different life time!
Please can anyone advise what should I be wearing on my feet? Trainers too grippy, Converse not supportive enough. I'd prefer to buy in a shop rather than online if poss.
Thanks for any tips, I actually feel motivated to get back in shape, it's a miracle!

CrispEater Tue 29-Jul-14 10:58:34

My shoes are called Adidas Workout Lo III. I bought them because trying to turn on the ball of my foot in normal trainers was making my knees hurt. They're very non-grippy so perfect for Zumba but I've had them about 2 years so I don't know if they are still available or if there are newer models out now. Hope you find the right shoes!

CrispEater Tue 29-Jul-14 10:58:43

My shoes are called Adidas Workout Lo III. I bought them because trying to turn on the ball of my foot in normal trainers was making my knees hurt. They're very non-grippy so perfect for Zumba but I've had them about 2 years so I don't know if they are still available or if there are newer models out now. Hope you find the right shoes!

GreyGardens Tue 29-Jul-14 11:02:29

I have these Bloch shoes www.blochshop.co.uk/product/bloch-lime-lightening-womens-dance-fitness-trainers
which are super comfy (and look great - superficial) smile

J0eypie Tue 29-Jul-14 22:53:21

Thanks for your recommendations! Crispeater - that was exactly what I could feel happening, like a jarring of the knee, which could be nasty. Ooh the Bloch shoes are pretty...

peanutbutterandoreos Tue 29-Jul-14 22:54:36

I have nike roshe runs.

J0eypie Wed 30-Jul-14 13:22:52

They look very nice too. Do you run in them too or just use for zumba?

Familyguyfan Fri 01-Aug-14 09:19:54

I have some pineapple trainers from amazon. One of the reviews mentioned zumba and they are great. Light weight, not too slippy or grippy.

peanutbutterandoreos Fri 01-Aug-14 09:31:30

No I don't run in them but I wear them as casual/fashion trainers as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now