When you run where do you put your keys and phone?

(25 Posts)
Universal Mon 21-Jul-14 12:07:12

I've just started running and can't find a practical s

TurboWithAKick Mon 21-Jul-14 12:07:56

Running belt by karrimor, about £6 from sports direct

Universal Mon 21-Jul-14 12:09:53

I've just started running and can't find a practical solution to carrying my phone and keys. I have an arm band for my phone but carry my keys in my hand. It all feels rather awkward.

Does anyone have and suggestions / recommendations?

Thank you.

Universal Mon 21-Jul-14 12:10:25

Thank you Turbo.

DottyDot Mon 21-Jul-14 12:11:05

I had this exact same query a couple of weeks ago and have bought an armband thing and a waist thing from decathlon. Used the waist thing last week and it worked well!

Missunreasonable Mon 21-Jul-14 12:11:29

I put my phone in a sports armband as it's an iphone so fits in and I play my music through it. I put my keys in the little pocket on the back of my running tights but I only take the keys that I need to not bulk out the pocket.

TurboWithAKick Mon 21-Jul-14 12:11:51

Or I just zip the key into the zip pocket on the back of my running tights.... Take the key off the keyring

RoadRunner123 Mon 21-Jul-14 12:12:19

Nike running trousers have a little pocket on your backside...I just take my front door key and put it in the pocket. I leave my phone at home....or if using it for an app or music I use an armband holder.

Showy Mon 21-Jul-14 12:13:53

I take my door key off the bunch and put it in the zip pocket of my running tights. Don't take my phone with me. DH puts his in an arm carrier whatsit.

iwantgin Mon 21-Jul-14 14:09:06

I used to put the doorkey in the little pocket at the back of my running pants (or leave it in a hidy place near the door) -then put my phone in an armband holder.

Since then i bought one of those cheap, lycra running belt bags. Just big enough for a fairly small phone, and keys, and tissues etc.

But recently i bought a nice new running bag. Fleetfoot 11 by Workplay.bag It's great - and doesn't move about when running -even with a bottle of water shoved lengthwise inside it.

Universal Mon 21-Jul-14 17:18:21

Thanks everyone. None of my running pants have pockets in so I will invest in a little bag. I'm a child of the 80s so naturally stay away from all things that look like a 'bum bag'!

Claybury Tue 22-Jul-14 18:24:08

www.spibelt.com

Best thing ever - not really a bum bag as very small & stretchy. Use mine all the time. Fits iPhone / keys. Doesn't jiggle around.

Sports Direct do the same sort of thing as claybury has suggested but for a lot less money. It's ok with my ipod but finds the Galaxy S5 a bit of a struggle so I wear a larger waist belt for that. I can't wear armbands, my arms are too skinny and they fall down.

I've bought a new armband now with a little pocket for a door key but before that I'd just shove a key behind my phone in my old armband.

IrianofWay Wed 23-Jul-14 11:27:44

I don't usually carry keys as I normally run from home and someone is at home when I go. But when I drive for a run I just carry my key (just one key on the fob). Phone is used for podcast listening so I tuck it in my bra.

I have never found a carry-belt that was comfortable enough.

LoblollyBoy Wed 23-Jul-14 11:29:57

I have a safety pin on my keyring, I pin the keys inside my waistband.

NewLeafExpat Wed 23-Jul-14 12:06:58

I hold my phone usually because I need a new armband.

key I tie the single key I need to my shoelace! you can take the lace out a notch, add the key, thread it back in and then tie it so should you laces come undone you won't lose you key.

LizardBreath Wed 23-Jul-14 15:07:44

If my shorts or top don't have a pocket then I tie my key in my laces or draw string if shorts have one.

annabanana19 Thu 24-Jul-14 10:22:08

I also have a Karrimor running let. Great for my phone & keys. But I bought a belt a few weeks ago with 2 bottles and my phone is too big for it!

Its a tight squeeze and just about goes in!

Januaryjojo1 Sun 27-Jul-14 22:31:48

Lidl had a running belt this week, that held two small bottles and had the bum bag bit on it, wasn't too expensive.

I should have got one...twit!

ftmsoon Wed 30-Jul-14 07:25:57

Can I ask if people carry ID when running? I never did before, but now I wonder if I should be identifiable if the worst happens?

annabanana19 Wed 30-Jul-14 12:32:30

no never. Good point you make though!

Wellwellwell3holesintheground Wed 30-Jul-14 12:46:03

I have a little card with emergency info on when I cycle so it's easy to find if something happens.

mzzzf Wed 30-Jul-14 12:54:12

Keys go inside right side of bra and iPhone in left side of bra - it's a big bra! grin

5madthings Wed 30-Jul-14 12:57:26

I have s running belt for my phone, I don't take my keys but they would fit in the belt.

My phone has contact details and an ice number in it if I had an accident.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now