Post partum running and hip pain

(3 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Tue 15-Jul-14 08:12:40

Hi
I was a keen runner before my pregnancies and have spent the last six months trying to find my running feet again. Ds2 is now 1 year old and I've taken care to build up slowly, warm up etc. however, I have found the after running I have painful hips. Not during, but for a few days afterwards. I can barely walk today sad I'm not going that far or that fast, have decent trainers etc. does anyone know what could be causing it and what I can do about it?

MrsMook Sun 20-Jul-14 23:28:10

Did you have any joint problems in pregnancy? I had SPD and ended up seeing an osteopath as it was hanging around and interfering with life 3 months later. I managed to start running at 7 months using C25k, having built up some low impact fitness at aquafit.

What condition are your trainers in?

AggressiveBunting Mon 21-Jul-14 01:57:45

Does it get worse when you sit down for a long time (at work for example) and then try to stand up and is it at the front of your hips? If so, it sounds like what I had. Turns out I had massively tight hip flexors. I focused on short easy runs followed by mega stretching sessions and it sorted itself out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now