ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

30 min exercise for 30 days - join me?

(60 Posts)
OublietteBravo Thu 29-May-14 18:39:25

This is something I'm doing via an initiative at work. The aim is to do 30 min exercise every day for 30 (working) days. Start date is June 2nd - end date is July 11. On a busy day you are allowed to do 3x10 mins or 2x15 mins instead of 1x30 mins. I'm supposed to keep a journal - hence the thread.

I thought it sounded like such a good idea that I wanted to share it. Anyone want to join me?

OublietteBravo Mon 07-Jul-14 20:10:42

Exercise DVD this evening. Definitely easier than it was when I first tried it.

proseccoco Mon 07-Jul-14 20:28:08

5k yesterday, nothing today as dh away!

OublietteBravo Tue 08-Jul-14 20:22:54

Exercise DVD again tonight (as DH was using the kitchen, so no space for circuits). Think tomorrow will be a rest day - full day at work and then giving a 3hr tutorial in the evening, so can't realistically fit any exercise in.

proseccoco Thu 10-Jul-14 06:48:50

Nothing on mon or tues - so busy w work, but went for a 15 min run last night, doing intervals to up my snail speed! Was grim!

OublietteBravo Thu 10-Jul-14 22:16:54

Circuits tonight - really struggling to fit exercise around everything else at the moment. Still need to eat, sleep and be in the office by 8am tomorrow.

OublietteBravo Fri 11-Jul-14 18:33:43

Today is supposed to be the end of my 30 day challenge. I think I've done quite well - I managed 29 lots of 30 mins of exercise. I'll catch up with the missing day over the weekend. I don't think exercising every working day is viable - however, exercising 5 days per week certainly is.

I'm going to try and keep going for another 6 weeks and see how I do.

OublietteBravo Sun 13-Jul-14 19:24:59

Had a rest day yesterday, but back to circuits this evening. Now off to a friends house to sit in the garden and drink wine watch the World Cup final.

OublietteBravo Mon 14-Jul-14 21:42:56

Exercise DVD this evening. Feeling positive about this week (school-based events have slowed down, so should be easier to fit exercise in).

OublietteBravo Wed 16-Jul-14 20:41:31

Day off yesterday (was feeling very tired, so rested). Back to my exercise DVD tonight for a 30 min workout. Feeling very hot and sweaty so off for a shower.

OublietteBravo Thu 17-Jul-14 21:58:54

Really fancied a rest day, but managed to make myself do 30min of prancing around to my exercise DVD. Feeling hot, sweaty and pretty damn impressed with myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now