What to wear to a spinning class

(10 Posts)
spottymoo Sat 22-Mar-14 22:29:49

I'm doing my first class this week never been in a gym in my life but would really like to give this ago.

Was thinking trainners / leggings and a vest their not sport ones just normal m&s will these be ok?

FridgePervert Sat 22-Mar-14 22:34:24

that'll be fine, take a towel and a water bottle too, enjoy!

MightBeMad Sat 22-Mar-14 22:34:31

Absolutely fine! Enjoy your class smile

spottymoo Sat 22-Mar-14 22:38:24

That's great thank you all grin didn't want to she'll out on new stuff in case I don't like it

Eastpoint Sat 22-Mar-14 22:46:48

Wear a sports bra, when you have to sprint you need it. Enjoy.

Have fun! you will feel like someone has kicked you right up the bum the next day

Stealthfart Sun 23-Mar-14 10:03:11

I use a gel saddle cover for spinning. I have caught a UTI from spinning before (I was going regularly. To spinning I mean, not the toilet..) and that way I know the only sweaty bum that has been on it is mine.

I don't think you can 'catch' a UTI (I'm not a doctor, so could be wrong!), so it was probably due to friction/bruising (ouch!) so a gel saddle cover would definitely help with this.

Did you go, OP? How was it?

Kittymalinky Mon 31-Mar-14 08:46:44

Oooo I'd be interested to know how you got on. I do various classes and gym regularly bit doing my first spin this sat. I know people say it's hardcore. Wondering if I'll ache more or less that my interval training class.

Might also borrow DH cycling shorts with a gel bun bit. My bum hurts after 30 mins on a normal gym bike so dunno how I'll feel after 45mins on a spin bike

spottymoo Mon 31-Mar-14 14:19:35

I didn't make it last week arthritis is my arms in playing up so didn't want to Inflict more pain but I will hopefully make it after the Easter holidays

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now