best excercise bikes

(5 Posts)

Thanks for that. I have got a bike now but my idea would be to change to a cross trainer when I get fitter (my level of fitness is really rock bottom at present!!)

poppysqueak Sat 29-Mar-14 17:35:12

Hi
Hope you don't mind me adding my two pennorth but I would personally recommend an elliptical cross trainer rather than a bike.
I found you can improve fitness level and tone/shape more quickly with a cross trainer. I can't really offer a particular make or model but if you google reviews there a quite a few and a huge price range.

Thanks, I am looking around at all the options. I am so spectacularly unfit that this is a big deal for me! My kids and DH clearly think I won't use it and it will just gather dust. As far as they are concerned the most strenuous exercise I go is lifting a full glass of wine! I want to prove them wrong.

Mitchy1nge Fri 21-Mar-14 18:59:51

I've got this or one very very like it, made by same people and orange, it's quite quiet and doesn't need much room but even with a squishy gel seat cover it's still pretty uncomfortable - but obviously intermittently you get out of the saddle for that simulated spin class/hill climb feel grin

it's not that exact model, I can't see a model number anywhere on mine but I'd have no hesitation in recommending the one I have if I could identify it

Hi there,

Anyone who knows me would be truly astonished to find me the excercise forums, I am someone who literally never does any excercise (used to be fit and active in 20s and 30s then a slow decline as age and serious lack of time have taken their toll). I am now 50 and was inspired today by watching people doing cycling at work this morning for Sport Relief, on an excercise bike in the reception of our building. I have decided to get an excercie bike!

Any recommendations for the best one under about �200, which will fit in a relatively small study and be quite comfortable? Also I hate uncomfortable seats, do any of those gel seat cover things work well?
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now