Signed up for an 8 week body transformation - not sure now!

(6 Posts)
makingdoo Thu 20-Mar-14 20:14:23

As per title. I've signed up with a PT at my local gym for an 8 week exercise regime which will also involve a nutrition plan.

I'm really unfit. I never exercise apart from a very odd walk. I would like to loose 2 stone as I'm the heaviest I've been at 11.5 stone and I'm 5ft 4.
I start on 31st of this month. I'm bricking it now as I'm worried I won't be able to do the exercises and will make a twat of myself.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Any info is much appreciated.

EarSlaps Thu 20-Mar-14 22:10:14

I did a six week challenge at a gym once- had to go at least three times a week (was working long hours so went 3x a week before work then a rub at lunch time). Also a low carb, high lean protein diet.

I lost 5 kg of fat in 6 weeks despite a holiday in the middle of it. I wasn't massively unfit before, but out of practice. I was 11st or so at 5ft6 when I started. I got much more toned.

The first week I felt pretty crap- sugar and caffeine withdrawal plus early mornings. After that I felt great.

Whatever condition you are in, they will have worked with people larger, more unfit etc. just give it your all and don't be afraid to cry, as long as you DON'T GIVE UP!

EarSlaps Thu 20-Mar-14 22:11:08

A run at lunchtime not a rub grin!

makingdoo Thu 20-Mar-14 22:16:10

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering about your lunchtime rub!

This plan is 4-5 sessions per week which I think I will struggle with as I work long hours and travel a good bit. But I'm determined to make a change and really hoping I will enjoy it so much that I will want to keep it up.

I lost weight with slimming world before and felt great but I want this to be a lifestyle change!

I'm just worried as I've never been been a gym member before!

Rooble Thu 20-Mar-14 22:34:42

Ooh, I just had my first session (of eight weekly ones) with a PT today. It's the third time I've done it (this time to lose weight, previously to get fitter specifically for certain events).
Don't be worried. You won't humiliate yourself. Everyone who is there at the gym is there to get fitter/get slimmer whatever. Some are already at/nearly at their targets, but there will be people there a LOT larger and a LOT less fit that you. Because you're working with a PT you will be working to your max - I quite often put some effort in when I train on my own but it doesn't begin to compare with what I can achieve when I'm being guided and motivated by a PT.
What he did today was: weigh, measure, calculate BMI, measure body fat, assess posture. Tell me what I should be aiming for.
Devise a PLAN for the next 8 weeks.
I'm moderately fit, but not massively, and am spectacularly badly coordinated, but the PT will take into account any limitations and will show you how to exercise properly. Eg exactly how to bend when doing squats, exactly how to use the rowing machine properly etc.
Sometimes when you feel exhausted doing the exercise you wonder why - but the exhilaration when you've finished is incomparable. And the changes to your body will be SO worth it!

makingdoo Thu 20-Mar-14 23:09:42

Thanks Rooble! That's so encouraging.

I don't start for over a week - is there anything I could be doing to prepare my body for the shock that's coming its way?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now