Best stomach exercise's

(16 Posts)
RufusTheReindeer Wed 19-Mar-14 11:11:31

Losing weight at the moment but I do have a wobbly tummy and would like to tone it

I had two CSs and so have a little ledge or apron

Before I start researching tummy tucks can anyone recommend some stomach exercises

I was thinking about the plank and the tummy part of the shred (I know I should do the whole DVD...I am working up to it!)

I also know that a lot of exercise will work on all my body at the same time but would also like some stomach specific ideas

Thanks

Planks, sit ups....
I also have a little pouch due to cs but don't exercise. I know if I did I could -if not get rid - then heavily reduce it.

Saying that when I lost 3 stone I could barely see it either....

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Wed 19-Mar-14 11:24:07

You need a variety of exercise for a toned tummy, there is no one single exercise. Cardio to reduce fat, building muscle all over the body makes your body efficient.

Have a look at fitness blender lots of free workouts. I do that and the lovely Jillian. No More Trouble Zones targets the stomach more than shred.

RufusTheReindeer Wed 19-Mar-14 13:36:36

Thanks for your comments, deffo the Plank and will check out the Jillian video

treaclesoda Wed 19-Mar-14 13:38:40

Pilates is very good for the stomach muscles.

I've had 2 cs too, and I feel your pain, I exercise a lot and still can't imagine being rid of the pouch blush

WowOoo Wed 19-Mar-14 14:32:17

My mum used to tell me to hold it in and tense it when ever I can remember.
Also to always remember to do this when lifting things to support the back.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Wed 19-Mar-14 15:11:39

This is my favorite tummy exercise workout at the moment, it's brutal but really effective.

RufusTheReindeer Wed 19-Mar-14 16:57:50

Oh good god lumpy are you insane!! grin

Might need to work on my pelvic floor first

wowooo why are mums always right smile I hold my stomach in a lot, especially in tight clothes

What's a bit depressing is that the apron is more noticeable the more weight I lose, obviously because it's just loose skin. Another stone to go then I need to take stock...but exercise in the meantime

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Wed 19-Mar-14 18:58:50

No pain no gain! grin

RufusTheReindeer Wed 19-Mar-14 20:15:48

It's more the wee on the carpet I'm worried about, would have to wear 2 tena lady pants

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Wed 19-Mar-14 20:28:53

Oh sweetie, maybe work on your kegel exercise first, then build up to birpees.

Try this instead

I do the fitnessblender routines too, fabulous! Within a few weeks I could see outstanding results!

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Wed 19-Mar-14 20:55:08

overmydeadbody I'm doing this one tomorrow. grin

I am evangelical about them. I've used them for over a year and there's always something fresh and new.

RufusTheReindeer Thu 20-Mar-14 14:45:06

Ooh that looks a bit better, thanks lumpy

Will have a good look at fitness blender

Looks good Lumpy!

DP and I love them, so easy and you can just do them in your sitting room.

I usually just do their abs and obliques ones, sometimes twice over or a few at a time, so do about 45 minutes of ab work, as I also run long distance 3x a week and climb twice a week so don't need to do the cardio stuff at home.

Fitness Blender really is good, I like supporting them as they have such good videos and it's just the two of them doing it (or was anyway, they might have grown)

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 20-Mar-14 17:39:06

It was a great workout, I felt rung out afterwards.

I'm gonna do some yoga tomorrow, have a rest work on my flexibility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now