Questions about pole...

(153 Posts)
Stonehaven Thu 06-Feb-14 07:20:29

So. I was wondering why people can't seem to be able to put pole in two seperate boxes. Strippers who can't even invert properly and just rub their crotch against the pole, and people who do it properly. Athletes. Is it really so difficult? No-one bats an eyelid at aerial hoop or silks when it's really just the same thing.

I've never met a 'proper' pole dancer who doesn't look down their nose at strippers. Strippers are turned away from classes in disgust. Classes are taken in bare feet and gym clothes, not thigh high leather boots and little else.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be very happy to answer them.

Stonehaven Mon 10-Feb-14 21:23:35

goodasitgets you've only been going five months and can do all that? Impressive!

Stone, very nice....reminds me a bit of Buddha, looks ouchy. Cool move though, I'm working on the Sail at the moment smile

goodasitgets Mon 10-Feb-14 23:09:40

This was last week
Yes, I inverted probably my 5th lesson, but I still worry about being crap grin
instagram.com/p/kFjQgPtd4n/

instagram.com/p/kFjL6ktd4c/

http://instagram.com/p/kQPQK0n0vt/

No idea how to do this but if this works this is my controlled flag.

Good, those photos look cool.

Not sure if this link will work but here's my controlled flag....a work in progress...

http://instagram.com/p/kQPQK0n0vt/

instagram.com/p/kQPQK0n0vt/

Is this any better, I shall give up if not, lol.....

Dope moves ladies grin
I am loving the dizzy swan/twisted ballerina/twisted star on spinning pole at the mo. also slow fan kick into plank.

What's the move you hate? I can't do Superman/Superwoman at all. It's hideously painful and my back and arse will not stay in a straight line.

Ps. Super impressed by the fearless inverts after only weeks asgoodas and look at you now, wow - and you look rocking betty - totally strong and powerful. V inspiring.

Did my link actually work the, lol.

A move I hate...mmm....dunno, I hate learning the cartwheel, scares the crap out of me and I will try and get out of it as I hate any move which involves letting go and jumping. A move which has taken me ages is the elbow grip Ayesha, not mad about elbow grips but I seem to have it now but it taken ages.

I like Superman, loads of ways to get into it and I like Brass Monkey too.

I personally don't really like the spins, much prefer the tricks smile

Stonehaven Wed 12-Feb-14 09:04:51

Betty clicky link for you - instagram.com/p/kQPQK0n0vt

Thanks Stone - never used instagram before, only went on to upload that photo....had a couple of pro pole shoots, will see if I can work out how to add some more to there at some stage.

Routine practice last night.....only got a week or so till video submission and I think it's still crap....needs lots of neatening up, if I get through to this comp it will be a miracle hmm

Stonehaven Wed 12-Feb-14 11:23:55

Which comp you doing? We've got a show coming up but it's just a little one for our school. Haven't even picked a song yet!

Stonehaven Wed 12-Feb-14 11:24:30

Did you have a Millie Robson shoot? She's fab.

I am submitting a video for the Midlands Pole Comp but I have to enter as advanced and there are only 8 spaces so I doubt I'll get through but you never know!

No, my friend has a sister who is a photographer and she has done a couple of shoots - they are great fun and will be something to look back on when I am old and saggy, lol.

Yes, seen her photos, she is awesome smile

Stonehaven Wed 12-Feb-14 12:24:30

Oh well, at least you can do awesome moves in the advanced category. My teacher told me I'd have to enter as advanced if I wanted to do a comp. Even though I can't do some of the moves in the intermediate category! The one I wanted to enter only allowed handsprings in advanced.

Who are your favourite dancers? Mine are Bendy Kate, Shimmy and Anastasia Skukhtorova. Oh and Kirsty Griffiths!

I've got loads of awesome tricks in my routine, if they were judging by tricks alone I would stand a chance of getting in but the floor work bothers me, hate it and need to work on not looking petrified or bored, lol. 4 mins is so knackering, I sweated buckets yesterday practicing . Need to work on my jade on the spinny to make sure I keep my height.

I like Bendy Kate, Sally Ann Giles is brilliant, as is Sarah Scott - god there's loads and some great guys too.

....oh and not to forget Jess Leanne Norris, she is fab.

My instructor is pretty awesome though - she has to be my fav smile

Stonehaven Wed 12-Feb-14 12:43:32

Jade on spinny?! Wow! Spinny pole doesn't agree with me. I wish I could do it as it looks fab but I just get dizzy!

It is hard coming up with floor work isn't it? I'll see if I can find a link to the last routine I did. It's rubbish and there's no floorwork lol.

I always forget my routine halfway through and end up making it up!

Stonehaven Wed 12-Feb-14 12:44:26

Is Jess your instructor? Kirsty G is mine :-)

I don't like spinny either - had to totally adapt my routine as started off learning i on a static and then when I went to do it on a spinny it was impossible. Yes, on the spinny side climbing, dropping into gemini, then into jade, into one legged cricifix, into box splits....cue the sick bucket haha!

My floor work routine is actually a nice routine, it's just me that makes it look crap!

No, she is my friends instructor though, my instructor is Zara Berry, she is brilliant!

Stonehaven Wed 12-Feb-14 13:17:32
Stonehaven Wed 12-Feb-14 13:29:14

Just watched Zara's Pole Factor video on YouTube - amazing!

Like your vid Stone very good....your first spin you do (we call in the pretzel) is my last move on my routine but doing it on the spinny pole......hope I have enough oomph left!

This is a linky to the routine our pole school did at the pole factor last year.........me and my friend are the doubles who did the double handspring near the end (on the solo bit am the second person to go on....pole bud was on the other side doing same thing but the film didnt get that pole.

Yes Zara is amazing, so lucky to have her as an instructor.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zaras+unique+pole+&sm=3

Stonehaven Wed 12-Feb-14 14:24:31

Put [[ ]] around your link to make it clicky like this [[ link ]] but without spaces :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now