Is there a general running thread?

(984 Posts)
Sirzy Thu 26-Dec-13 18:57:58

I am pretty new to running (started in Septmember) but have some pretty ambitious targets in 2014 (10k and half marathon) so looking for other runners to advice, kick up the backside and generally chat about all things running.

I have seen a few couch to 5k threads but I didn't get on with that so can't use those threads so thought a thread for all runners whether they are new to it or experienced runners would be good?

Fishandjam Sun 02-Mar-14 22:20:13

Right. You super-ladies have inspired me; tomorrow night's run will be a first for me. Instead of aiming for a 5k distance, I'm going to go out for an hour and see how far I get. Hoping it'll be around 7-8k. It will be boring as all get out because I'll just be circuiting the village, but I'll take the iPod so that'll be an encouragement/distraction. Afterwards I'm hoping I have an idea of how far off a 10k I am (eg how knackered do I feel, how far did I actually go etc). Wish me luck!

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Sun 02-Mar-14 22:39:16

Yay! sounds like a plan Fishandjam

Snowdown Sun 02-Mar-14 22:51:14

Well done to all the hm runners - sounds like tough conditions. Glad it didn't put you off!

I think nutrition is definitely a factor, I took a banana which I ate just as we arrived. I stopped drinking about 10 too, I don't drink when I train but so many people say you must drink while racing that I do. I didn't have my next jelly baby as the water made me feel so sick so perhaps that little boost may have kept me going. Definitely helped dh knew the way!

Good luck with your hour fishandjam smile

And OhOneOhTwoOhThree, was the woman who's doing London as her 50th marathon called Mel?

Sirzy Mon 03-Mar-14 07:54:30

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/exercise/2014081-Runners-thread-runners-of-all-abilities-welcome?msgid=45479220#45479220 new thread for when this one is full!

Sirzy Mon 03-Mar-14 07:54:49
TopsysMum Sun 23-Mar-14 09:07:32

Hello smile please can I join?

I'm a mum of three (6, 3 and 10weeks). Just getting back into running after number three (c section so had to be sensible) and am running the GNR in September. This sounds like my sort of thread grin

Sirzy Sun 23-Mar-14 09:23:21

Hi! We have a new thread now (link just above your post) as this is nearly full.

Look forward to chatting to you over there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now