30 day shred with low existing fitness level?

(4 Posts)
AnyFuckersfrogslegs35 Mon 11-Nov-13 19:42:20

It is a killer and I'm reasonably fit, I spent the first day calling her a bitch all the way through blush

Do your own warm up for 10/15 mins before - lots and lots of stretching.

I started it around 6 weeks ago and managed to get to day 8 doing it every day. I did have to stop due to an existing spine problem (wasn't Jillian that done it though) but hope to be back at it soon.

Yeah - trainers are a good tip, you need some cushion on your feet with all the jumping.

I didn't have a mat so used a thick towel and also a small flat cushion for when my knee's had to be on the floor.

I used tins of beans for the first few days then changed to 2litre bottles of water.

You could always give it a go and just do what you can,It says 30 days but it doesn't have to be and honestly it doesn't take long to increase your stamina and fitness levels.

Crappyoldframe Mon 11-Nov-13 11:01:53

Make sure you wear trainers. I suffered achilles injury a few days in and I think 30ds is asking for injury when you go from no exercise to every day. If I did it again i would do it every other day to allow rest to start with then have a rest day every third day.

You can definitely manage it Kinky!

Jillian actually says everyone can do it, whatever their starting fitness levels, weight etc....

I'd say it was the best possible starting point as being 20 mins it's not going to eat massively into your day. (It's very hard to say I didn't have time when it's only 20 mins!)

Be prepared to ache like buggery, walk like John Wayne and go downstairs sideways after the first session, but stick with it and the aches will subside! (4 days?)

You'll need a mat and some weights, but if you don't have any weights, you can start with tins of beans or something, which will be fine.

Give it a go and I guarantee after 2 weeks you will be amazed and thrilled smile

kinkyfuckery Sun 10-Nov-13 21:24:56

I walk everywhere, but other than that I do no proper exercise.

Will the 30 day shred be possible, or should I start elsewhere? I have a couple of Davina DVDs (never watched blush), a Wii Fit, and My Fitness Coach for the Wii. Should I try one of these first?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now