Runners fanjo?????!!!!!!!!!

(8 Posts)
Mosschops30 Fri 08-Nov-13 21:15:55

Is there such a thing?

I did c25k about a year ago and felt like I had constant thrush, burning, stinging and itching.
Numerous trips to the docs, tablets, creams and nothing worked

Now I've started running again and it's happening again, it's worse at night and obviously worse when I'm running/training, it bloody kills , so I've decided I obviously didn't have thrush and it must be connected to the running

Does anyone else get this? Is there anything I can do?

nitrox Sat 09-Nov-13 15:36:15

Do you shave (down there)? Is it causing some irritation perhaps?

I'm not a runner, but didn't want to leave your thread unanswered.

I wonder if it's sweat buildup? Are you wearing cotton knickers and or leggings etc? I find avoiding cotton clothes altogether is much comfier for exercise, microfibre everything, including knickers keeps me much drier.

I meant to add, sweat sometimes gives me (and my DD) eczema and/or athletes foot, so that's what's behind my thinking. Never had a problem in the fanjo area with it though.

BusterKeaton Sat 09-Nov-13 16:56:35

Have you ever tried a Chamois Cream when you are running? It is an anti-friction cream used by cyclists; the one I use is called Udderly Smooth. I sometimes use this on long runs if I am feeling sensitive.

I run long distance (10k+) regularly and have never had a problem down there!

Mosschops30 Sat 09-Nov-13 21:24:46

Can I buy microfibre pants??

I do wear cotton pants and joggers or those tight 3/4 things.
It's not shaving as it's inside IYKWIM rather than outside and it's only started since I've been running again

Will look at cream thank you

Mitchy1nge Mon 11-Nov-13 11:16:51

maybe don't wear any pants at all? in one of the 850000 books about running I read this summer someone (I think it was 'running like a girl') had some sort of mitchy inge disorder when training for a marathon and just runs without any pants now and problem solved

I think I have inoculated myself with my special name, people are always warning about chafing and other problems in that department but I run quite long distances and no problems yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now