Music to run to 150-155bpm. Any suggestions?

(11 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 08-Nov-13 20:49:22

I like running to music and am looking for some good music to out on my iPod to keep me at an even pace.

At the moment 150-155 is the pace that I can sustain best.

Does anyone have any suggestions of good tracks or albums that fit the bill? Ideally recognisable songs, nothing too Clubby!!

Tiredemma Fri 08-Nov-13 20:49:58
IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 08-Nov-13 21:50:50

Thanks.

I've just spent ages compiling a play list at the right tempo and with tracks that wouldn't get on my nerves only to find that I can only get 2 from the iTunes Store without buying entire albums.

Very annoying!

Has anyone made their own similar playlist?

Belindaearl2 Sat 09-Nov-13 11:49:39

Two favourites - Anthems and Ellie Goulding. I stumbled across Halcyon & love it

Belindaearl2 Sat 09-Nov-13 11:52:12

Oh, interesting. When the day comes that I stop talking about running again and actually start doing it, I will come back to this thread
blush

lucidlady Sat 09-Nov-13 11:58:58

Have you got an iPhone? If so there are some great runners music podcasts. Try searching in iTunes. They're usually free as well.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 09-Nov-13 18:12:41

I've got an iPod.

I've found quite a lot of runners podcasts, lots seem to be really trancy, clubby type music which would drive me mad!!

I'll keep at it, I really think it keeps me going having the music going at a steady pace.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 09-Nov-13 18:14:38

I'm not sure about the BPM, but Pendulum Hold your Colour is a decent speed as is rogue traders.

SynchroniseYourDogmas Sun 10-Nov-13 22:19:46

If you have Spotify on your phone, you can set up playlists which then either stream or you can save them for offline use.
I use jog.fm to find the tracks then add them in Spotify from there.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 11-Nov-13 22:16:00

That sounds great and way beyond my understanding in terms of technology!

I'm using an iPod nano though so no spotify for me unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now