Running tomorrow after a few drinks tonight?

(5 Posts)
CantStopEatingCheese Wed 06-Nov-13 22:39:43

Training for 10k race and I am supposed to run 6.4k tomorrow. The trains back home today were all cancelled/severely delayed so ended up having a few drinks with colleagues today. I know it was foolish. Any tips? Just lots of water and try to get through it? Inspire me or I'll end up not going!!

Spirulina Wed 06-Nov-13 22:46:20

You'll be fine! I go to running club on sun AM after a few night before... We all do! And we are half marathon training

CantStopEatingCheese Wed 06-Nov-13 22:51:41

Oh thanks! You made me feel a bit better! Sitting on the train back now feeling a bit guilty. Went away last weekend so didn't do my long run on Sunday do this week I wanted to stick to the plan...

You'll be fine.

If I never ran the day after I had had a few drinks I would hardly ever run!

I especially like running the next morning if I have had more to drink on a Friday night than usual, makes me feel like I am getting rid of all those horrible toxins.

I am also a hasher, (a running club with the tagline 'drinkers with a running problem'). We meet once a week at a pub, run around following a flour trail for an hour or so which leads us to a bear stop, most of the runners drink a few pints, and then we carry on our run! grin I don't drink then though, as I don't like beer.

CantStopEatingCheese Fri 15-Nov-13 17:33:29

I like the idea of drinkers with a running problem! I had a look for a club near me but none of them are that close. (And some of them seem to only do the drinking without the running!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now