Running for someone with creaky knees and big boobs?

(29 Posts)
BadSeedsAddict Mon 30-Sep-13 08:09:57

I have both of the above. Does anyone else run despite having these? Do the creaky knees improve with exercise or would swimming be a better choice? Running is free though hmmalso, any positive experiences with exercise bras for HH cup mammaries would be appreciated!

BadSeedsAddict Tue 01-Oct-13 13:43:39

LazySusan, SaltySeaBird, that's great your knees seem better - mine are just noisy and not actually injured, too. Looking into glucosamine supplements, recommendations appreciated! The two-bra thing meant I wasn't hanging onto my chest to keep it down, which has really put me off jogging previously. What are some good, cheapish trainers for jogging? Would it be ok to get nearly-new ones off eBay if it meant they were better quality?

Lazysuzanne Tue 01-Oct-13 18:15:45

my knee's are actually fine, dont seem to be at all affected by running, I tend to get glute pain and sciatica in instead.

Incidentally I run in vibrams which have zero cushioning

Grumpywino Mon 07-Oct-13 13:50:55

Another two bra wearer here. I have spent years working on good running form which is critical, I do see some people with dire form that must suffer terrible aches and pains. I look after my knees by doing yoga for flexibility, and lots of squats and lunges to keep the muscles strong (a lot of knee problems are due to weak/imbalanced/damaged muscles), and I have a good stretch and foam rolling routine post-run.

How about cycling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now