Groin strain?

(3 Posts)
Balloonist Sat 21-Sep-13 21:50:52

Yes I had this. I blame my running shoes. I was sold some ridculously expensive shoes that in trying to correct my over pronation totally altered by running gait and left me with a groin injury that has taken several months to recover from. I kept getting reinjured until I realised what was causing it.

You do need to start strengthening your muscles as pp has said to stop it happening again. I did find hot water bottles useful too.

Vinnyinny Fri 20-Sep-13 11:18:57

Hi- I've had this recently, it's painful! I do a fair amount of running so was impatient to get it sorted and saw a physio. He said I needed to strengthen my hips with squats and lunges, and some other more difficult to describe exercises! (Have a look online) It took a couple of sessions of physio and slowing down on the running for a couple of weeks before it felt better.

Even now it does twinge a bit though if I've done too much.

Hope you feel better soon.

CarolineKnappShappey Thu 19-Sep-13 12:32:23

No sniggering please...
That's it really. The muscle at the inside top of my left leg is twinging when I walk and it's get more painful as Zi try to climb stairs.

Anything I can do apart from stopping exercise and puttin a hot water bottle on it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now