New Thread and New Home for the JILLIAN MICHAELS DEVOTEES....

(918 Posts)

Hi guys, hope everyone finds their way here and also hope that I manage to successfully link this to the old thread!

This thread is for anyone and everyone who loves is a fan of Jillian grin

Welcome all the old-timers and please come and join us new people, it will be great to see you!

Happy JM'ing all smile

oohdaddypig Thu 17-Apr-14 22:07:02

(Slightly ashamed to admit I love JM's chat)

Yoga level one done. Great wee workout.

Hey Errol! At the moment I'm mixing it up between RI30, Shred, NMTZ and BFBM with yoga once or twice. I like the variety.

ErrolTheDragonsEgg Thu 17-Apr-14 20:05:03

>Jillian really gets carried away with the motivational speaking during the cool down at the end! Ashamed to say I switched her off part way through as it was all getting a bit too much to listen to.

she does that on L4 of Ri30 too, before the stretches... I fastforwarded last time, but today used it as a chance to do some pelvic floor and a few 'stomach vacuums' and tuned her out.

ErrolTheDragonsEgg Thu 17-Apr-14 20:02:09

Oh - lots of familiar folks over here!

So... I'm on Ri30L4, will do it through next week and then... what next?

I've got KB&T and Extreme shred and shred - I've not looked at the, don't want to do 45 mins per day on a dvd (I do a bit of extra stuff as well). I've tried L1 of KB&T a couple of times - ok the last time but really I want more upper body and abs - my legs are relatively strong.

So.... presumably 6w6p is good for abs, but what about upper body?

IdkickJilliansAss Thu 17-Apr-14 11:50:00

Early morning AMRAP session in the park with a friend who is a personal trainer, towards the end I had to keep running off to retrieve DS but managed to join in with most of it. Got a Pilates class this evening so don't think I'll get any Jillian in smile

IdkickJilliansAss Thu 17-Apr-14 07:27:22

Eek! I phrased that wrong, I meant I'd done 2 out of the 7 circuits in NMTZ and 4 out of 7 in BFBM grin i'm not that crazy!.

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 16-Apr-14 21:52:52

Are her DVDs on YouTube?

Feeling guilty , having a night off!

oohdaddypig Wed 16-Apr-14 21:43:42

I like your musings, Lindt, too grin

I'dkick is back on fire after her holidays I see.

RI30L3 tonight. Help ma boab.

LindtSeventyPercent Wed 16-Apr-14 21:32:35

IdkickJilliansAss, that's cheered me up! Nice to know my random wanderings are appreciated.

Today's the first day I've managed to do two workouts but you've trounced me with your 6 circuits. I'm impressed!

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 16-Apr-14 21:04:16

6 circuits!!! OMG!

IdkickJilliansAss Wed 16-Apr-14 20:33:05

2 circuits of NMTZ and 4 of BFBM done, I worked out in front of the girls for the first time and they were fascinated and actually quite supportive counting reps and the like, glad I put the toddler to bed as he gets over excited and darts about like a pinball!

IdkickJilliansAss Wed 16-Apr-14 19:06:24

grin I love your posts Lindt!

LindtSeventyPercent Wed 16-Apr-14 18:13:24

Ok, I've just done ES&S L1. It's a bit weird. There were some things in there that were very hard to follow - something that started with salutation and then a series of other moves that I just couldn't get to grips with. Some of the other moves just didn't seem to do anything for me at all and then others were quite intense.

Apart from that I quite enjoyed it. I didn't make me sweat as much as KB&T but was more of an all over workout which I think I was in need of.

Jillian really gets carried away with the motivational speaking during the cool down at the end! Ashamed to say I switched her off part way through as it was all getting a bit too much to listen to.

LindtSeventyPercent Wed 16-Apr-14 16:55:52

oohdaddypig, that's great news! Congratulations! tbugrin

I did KB&T L1 today. My knees still felt a little bit grindy. Not sure quite what the problem was with L2, I tend to blank it out afterwards. I think there was quite a lot of jumping about which I find difficult. Basically, I think I'm rubbish at cardio and there seems to be a lot of it in L2.

Sometimes when Jillian's saying that something should hurt / burn I wish she would say where it was supposed to be hurting because I'm often agreeing that it hurts but it's hurting my knees / hips / back / wrists which I'm sure is not right.

Think I need to go back to 6W6P for a while because my abs are feeling like jelly again.

Liking the idea of Yoga Meltdown and NMTZ, also fancy a go at the kettlebells. However, I can't justify spending any more money at the moment as I'd bought a box set and yet have only done one session of Ri30 and haven't even tried Extreme Shed & Shred so I need to battle through a few sessions before I can allow myself to move on.

Theonlyoneiknow, you have inspired me to give ES&S a go next - we can compare notes.

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 16-Apr-14 07:45:37

I did level 1 of the ES&S last night for the first time. Not sure if I like it or not, guess it is just different to the 3-2-1 routine that I like!

So far 30DS is still my favourite in terms of what I get out of a 30 minute routine.

Does anyone know which are her most recent dvds?

Think will try Level 2 of RI30 tonight and see how I get on.

IdkickJilliansAss Tue 15-Apr-14 16:06:48

Another enemy of the sideways lunge here! I'm giving the house an over due tidy whilst DH has the kids at the park so i'm not Jillianing today, have an hours circuit class later so that'll have to do.

oohdaddypig Tue 15-Apr-14 14:04:51

Theonlyone - I hate those sideways lunges too - my technique is crap. Think they do something though hmm

Theonlyoneiknow Tue 15-Apr-14 10:57:30

Congrats daddypig !

I liked all three levels of 30DS. Have only done Ri30 Level 1 so far but find it a bit boring, really not keen on the sideways lunges with arm raise. Struggle to keep my leg straight. Might try Level 2 tonight or give KB&T Level 1 a go?

IdkickJilliansAss Tue 15-Apr-14 07:12:02

thanks daddypig great news

oohdaddypig Tue 15-Apr-14 06:20:28

Lindt grin I love the analysis of Anita versus Natalie. I don't disagree though. Natalie has a twinkle in her eye. I am not a total freak I promise

I love the yoga meltdown - have you though of that? Or No more trouble zones is great and a different format. What went for your knees? Was it full of lunges?

Am I allowed to post that I'm early pregnant? Feeling grotty but still doing it low intensity - RI30 L1 last night. I had a m/c a few years ago so I don't enjoy early stages but exercise keeps me busy.

I will stick around in the thread if that's ok but won't mention it. You will just know why I am sounding a bit lazi(er)!!

LindtSeventyPercent Mon 14-Apr-14 21:37:55

Tried KB&T L2 today and really didn't like it! It hurt my knees so much I found I had to 'phone in' so much of it that I couldn't get the benefit of the workout. Anyone else found this with L2?

Was pleased to see Anita getting to have a go at the advanced stuff though, I've always felt she's been in Natalie's shadow. Natalie looked a bit miffed. Have to admit that Anita doesn't have the same chemistry with Jillian as Natalie has.

Anyway, what to do now? So far my favourite workouts have been:
30DS L1 & L2
6W6P L1
KB&T L1

I have hated:
30DS L3
6W6P L2 (still having flashbacks)

I haven't got on with:
KB&T L2 - actually felt this was not good for me (kneewise)
Ri30 L1 - can't remember what my gripe was.

So, do I just stick to my 3 favourites and risk getting very bored or should I try other things? If I don't like KB&T L2, will I like L3 & L4 (I think there are 4 levels?).

I've done KB&T L3 and an hours cardio in the gym.

Away from tomorrow till Friday so no JM, will be doing lots of walking!

LindtSeventyPercent Sun 13-Apr-14 22:10:15

I've changed my username from lindt70percent because I have no idea what email address I used to create that account and so I can't reset my password!

Anyway, today I did KB&T L1D9. I've just had 4 days off which is ridiculous. I did Ri30 L1 on Tuesday which hurt one of my hips (I have quite clicky hips). So, I decided to take Wednesday off and for some reason took Thursday, Friday and Saturday too even though my hip was no longer hurting. Was good to get a session done today. Felt stronger doing it too although I still sweat like a pig! Will possibly have a go at L2 tomorrow although it depends how much time I have. If short on time will repeat L1 as don't like trying something new.

Impressed by everyone's plans for the week!

If I have time this week I'll do KB&T L2 Monday-Thursday. We're staying in a friend's caravan Friday-Sunday so will have an enforced break then.

oohdaddypig Sat 12-Apr-14 21:03:07

RI30 L3. WTF are those duck things? Mine resembled a giraffe walk.

Happy hols Jill'sass. Enjoy hungover yoga, notyummy smile

IdkickJilliansAss Sat 12-Apr-14 17:23:53

Have a lovely time Notyummy

notyummy Sat 12-Apr-14 17:10:04

Did Ripped L4 last night for the first time in about 6 months and enjoyed it- prefer it to any other level! Find the cardio in circuits 2 and 3 tough though- burpees into scissor squat jump things are hard!

Did NMTZ with DH this morning. We are away now but have ripped a whole load of workouts on to his iPad for while we are away. Tomorrow morning in the hotel room is Bobs yoga- we plan to have some wine tonight so that seems more doable with a fuzzy head than BFBM :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now