New Thread and New Home for the JILLIAN MICHAELS DEVOTEES....

(986 Posts)

Hi guys, hope everyone finds their way here and also hope that I manage to successfully link this to the old thread!

This thread is for anyone and everyone who loves is a fan of Jillian grin

Welcome all the old-timers and please come and join us new people, it will be great to see you!

Happy JM'ing all smile

Ooh I was just sorting out my DVDs and found 6w6p! Didn't realise I had that so I'll be giving it a go soongrin

Ears....I'm doing KB&T now! On day 24 so 6 more to go! It is working and tbh my legs are ok but it's that one area that always needs extra helpgrin

oohdaddypig Thu 24-Apr-14 14:38:50

I started with a 4kg kettle and now use a 6kg, with an eight for the double swings. I'm puny though - but have strong legs.

Would love more toned inner thighs toosmile

EarSlaps Thu 24-Apr-14 14:32:21

Killer is great for thighs and bum Spinning, at least mine are certainly aching after yesterday's session. You could hold onto a kettlebell/dumbell too during some exercises to make it harder if you are crazy.

Ooh I was looking at kettle bells in tkmax this morning. Can't remember how heavy they were but I think 5kg and 8kg. Going to have a look at that DVD Stunt. Can I ask what differences you've seen doing it? It's the tops of my legs that I really want to tone grin

EarSlaps Thu 24-Apr-14 13:22:29

Think I might pop that DVD and a couple of kettlebells on my birthday list smile. What sort of weight would you recommend for me (I average a 3kg weight for JM- 2kgs for tricep and shoulder things and 4-5kg+ for chest presses)?

IdkickJilliansAss Thu 24-Apr-14 12:37:16

It must be, I have all my dumbells out for jm'ing as some are too light for certain moves whilst others are too heavy. As I said she is a personal trainer and has been for years; she has a circuit training class for mums and there we use between 8-12kg for swings but I couldnt use them one handed, 4kg sounds more than enough to me

StuntNun Thu 24-Apr-14 12:12:01

I'd be worried about dropping it on my head IdKick! I think it's quite normal to use different bells for different exercises.

IdkickJilliansAss Thu 24-Apr-14 11:59:35

I couldnt dangle 8kg over my head either grin

IdkickJilliansAss Thu 24-Apr-14 11:42:52

I wasnt suggesting you use a 16kg weight!

StuntNun Thu 24-Apr-14 11:28:01

It's this DVD OnlyOne. I'm fine with the 8kg bell for one handed swings IdKick but on the DVD you're doing things like a halo with the kettlebell around your head or sit ups while holding the kettlebell above you with one hand. With the swings you use the muscles of the legs to drive the weight up and just hold on to it with your hands so it's great for developing e.g. glutes and hamstrings. I'm trying to shift the baby flab at the moment so I'm more interested in toning my abdominals and lower back to improve my posture and shape.

IdkickJilliansAss Thu 24-Apr-14 09:47:16

My friend uses 16kg for one handed swings! She is a personal trainer though.

Theonlyoneiknow Thu 24-Apr-14 09:22:41

Which DVD do you use?

StuntNun Thu 24-Apr-14 09:01:45

Yep all three are cast iron. They're all different brands because I got the cheapest ones off Amazon, about £15 each. If you go to a class then they'll have kettlebells, you don't need to take one. I use a 4kg for one handed and overhead work and an 8kg bell for two handed swings, squats etc. I anticipated that I wouldn't be able to go straight from a 4kg bell to an 8kg bell for the overhead work so I have a 6kg bell on the way. The class I went to was all swings and big compound movements but the DVD I have is a lot more subtle and I think will be extremely good for the figure rather than just building up brute strength the large muscles of the legs.

Theonlyoneiknow Thu 24-Apr-14 08:56:13

Wow how,much are kettlebells? I am going to try a class at,the gym and see how i get on.

Am enjoying doing both Level 1 and 2 of RI30 but Skip the plank mountain climbers as kills my arms . Takes maybe 50 mins for both.

IdkickJilliansAss Thu 24-Apr-14 08:36:00

Do you get the cast iron ones Stunt?

StuntNun Thu 24-Apr-14 07:14:30

I have a new kettlebell arriving today. It's turning into a serious addiction. I must check out SIWW.

IdkickJilliansAss Wed 23-Apr-14 20:43:08

I wondered as well Lindt smile I've done some body conditioning tonight so now enjoying a gin

Thanks Kick smile

Lindt wondered where you were, hope you had a nice break.....see you back here tomorrow after your JM fix smile

EarSlaps Wed 23-Apr-14 17:57:33

Back on with it after the Easter holidays off. I did Killer L1, I really like that one. I'm going to try and fit one in tomorrow but then we're away for the weekend. So it will be full on next week to try and get rid of the Easter pounds grin.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 23-Apr-14 14:47:46

Lindt - not that long a break, I stopped over the xmas and half-term holidays and started back again just fine. A proper rest of a few days once in a while (termly or half termly is convenient!) can be quite beneficial IMO.

LindtSeventyPercent Wed 23-Apr-14 14:43:17

Hello everyone. Well, I've had a long break. Haven't JM'd since last Wednesday which is the longest break I've had between sessions since the new year.

We went away with friends over the Easter weekend and so had no opportunity to do anything then and when we got back I thought I'd wait for the kids to go back to school (today) before starting again. Only ... I haven't started again.

I'm quite scared to get back into it.

IdkickJilliansAss Wed 23-Apr-14 14:34:16

NMTZ done, feel better soon Spinning

Ooh exciting Errolgrin I'll be interested to see what you think of 6w6p, L1 seems popular but not L2 so much. I haven't got that one.

I've done KB&T L3 today and that's enough as I'm still feeling off colour!

ErrolTheDragon Wed 23-Apr-14 11:30:45

My 2 new DVDs (6wwp and NMTZ) have just arrived... really want to try them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now