New Thread and New Home for the JILLIAN MICHAELS DEVOTEES....

(1000 Posts)

Hi guys, hope everyone finds their way here and also hope that I manage to successfully link this to the old thread!

This thread is for anyone and everyone who loves is a fan of Jillian grin

Welcome all the old-timers and please come and join us new people, it will be great to see you!

Happy JM'ing all smile

gingercat12 Fri 17-Jan-14 20:44:35

Thanks for the encouragement EarSlaps, Jackster and notyummy thanks

I downloaded the NHS C25K podcasts and my lovely phone armband has arrived. As you all suggested I will adopt the attitude I have to Jillian, which is that I am dead after the warm-up, but it would not occur to me to stop.

My work or exercise schedule cannot be compared to any of yours, so today I did Ripped in 30 L3 with 3 kg weights and my lovely ankle weights. The high I got from it was nearly as good as when I first started the Shred. A bit less sweaty and a lot more painful.

notyummy Sun 19-Jan-14 21:00:09

Managed L1and L2 of Ripped yesterday, and a 6.5 mile family walk this morning plus NMTZ this afternoon. Plan a cross trainer session tomorrow evening.

DespicableJean Sun 19-Jan-14 23:06:45

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker here for a while and did the shred at the end of last year after deciding it would be a good idea based on reading the shred threads. I've moved onto Ripped and found level 1 OK, level 2 pretty tough with all those planks, but just started level 3 and I think Jillian is trying to kill me shock. I'm sure my limbs were about to fall off by the end..

Jacksterbear Mon 20-Jan-14 12:07:51

Welcome Despicablejean. Ripped L3 is pretty brutal! If anything L4 is marginally less horrible.

ginger done any running yet?

Good going, notyummy.

Was missing Jillian after 3 weeks of Shaun, so did NMTZ this morning. Those shoulder raises in circuit 1 just don't get any easier!

3steps hasn't been about lately... Hope she is ok.

EarSlaps Mon 20-Jan-14 12:16:29

L3 Ripped is tough, those duck walks are evil. Wanted to do it today but DS is off school poorly. Might manage it when they're asleep though. Got people coming to do our kitchen the rest of the week, so not sure I want to be prancing around my living room when the workmen are here!

I did message threesteps, she's fine just a bit too busy with work to JM and MN. She'll be back soon hopefully.

gingercat12 Mon 20-Jan-14 12:24:25

jackster I was too excited and had to do some running yesterday, when the boys went on an "exploration" as they said. JM does give you quite a good fitness level. Maybe I should have started on L2, but I really felt I need to take it slowly and build up my mental strength. I ran more after the podcast finished, and ran longer periods during the podcast as well than what they recommended. Still, early days.

Now I am off to get a long-sleeve t-shirt, as it was a bit cold in (my oldest faded) short-sleeved t-shirt in the rain.

DespicableJean It gets better, honestly. I am on L3 at the minute as well grin.

Happypiglet Mon 20-Jan-14 16:13:13

Hi all Back after my weekend away and straight back into it! Did L2 Shred this morning...which is OK until those V raise things in the last circuit ouch.
Tomorrow I plan a L2 Ripped, and then probably ES&S L1 and L2 Killer as well at some point this week. Its a bit manic here but hopefully I will fit all that in... although I think I will be in for at least 2 goes of jumping lunges which I LOATH!
Well done on the running Ginger I hate running... I did rry C25k but didn't stick it out after being nearly sick the first time out. I have JM for about a year since so I may have improved but don't really feel like trying!

DespicableJean Mon 20-Jan-14 23:33:13

Thanks guys, yes those duck walks are terrible! My legs give up half way through them.

Ginger I'm impressed by level 3 ripped with ankle weights!

I'm supposed to be running as well but the cold and dark puts me off (I am pathetic)

gingercat12 Tue 21-Jan-14 13:58:48

DespicableJean The dark put me off today, too. I told DS he could not ride his bike in the dark last night, and could anticipate an argument with DH not wanting me to run at 6 am.... I do not always use ankle weights, but today I will, if I get a chance. As I said I am not as stressed out or hassled as most of you.

Happypiglet You probably tried to run a lot a faster than I do. Many slugs in the garden can easily outrun me. blush

Jacksterbear Tue 21-Jan-14 14:06:09

grin at mental image of gingercat racing slugs!

BFBM done today. Feeling quite pleased with myself at having done NMTZ and BFBM on consecutive days.

Don't like the music in BFBM though. It makes me stressed (reminds me of the kind of music you might hear in an episode of Casualty!). I have a suspicion that may be deliberate ie it's designed to raise heart rate.

Good work everyone. smile

Happypiglet Tue 21-Jan-14 14:55:46

L3 Shred, just finished, trying to quell nausea....
<feels weak even considering NMTZ followed by BFBM>...

Jacksterbear Tue 21-Jan-14 16:40:28

(Just to clarify, that's NMTZ yesterday and BFBM today - I'm not mad enough to do them both on the same day!)

Pops back in, waves.

Just did TribeCORE which was a trendy core training TRX/mat/plank, push-up etc class and can report despite it being an hour and everyone else going puce and nearly crying it was easier for me than 6 week 6 pack or other Jillian things so feel v pleased about that - you guys are rocking some serious core body resistance stuff and saving heaps of money too!

And well done to everyone for bashing through yet more JM workouts, v inspiring smile

EarSlaps Tue 21-Jan-14 21:24:19

That's very good to hear thanks Trucks, especially after I really struggled my way through Ripped L3 this evening. Oh well, twice more then I'm on to L4 next week.

I do love that we save heaps of money with JM DVDs. All my DVDs plus my hand weights cost less than one month at the fancy David Lloyd that everyone round here seems to go to and not get as good results as I have with JM.

Our kitchen was ripped out today, and we won't have a fully functioning kitchen for another 3 1/2 weeks. Healthy eating is going to be a struggle for a while!

notyummy Thu 23-Jan-14 08:57:35

Right- manic real life means I have managed anything barring a bit of Callanetics yesterday and Tuesday. Did 50 mins on the cross trainer on Monday. Working from home today, and given that I have 2.5 extra hours that I am not spending in a car, I am spending one of those doing Bobs Pure Strength! Wish me luck- I feel a bit lethargic and sluggish and haven't yet lost the (roughly) 11/2 to 2 pounds I gained at Christmas, but I was determined not to be one of the herd dieting and failing in January! I may need to be the one doing in in February instead! I have a hen weekend and my birthday coming up in the next 10 days, so any concerted healthy eating plan would be doomed to fail anyway. But I haven't touched any alcohol since Jan 4, so at least that's something :-)

Happypiglet Thu 23-Jan-14 10:13:55

<sends good luck vibes to notyummy for Bob>
Did L2 Ripped yesterday...
Just finished L2 Killer, which really is bloody hard....none of the circuits let off for one minute...I usually find at least one circuit in each level of her DVDs more do-able...not in L2 Killer... and finishing with 'exploding stars' just kills me..
I feel its been hard work this week too notyummy maybe there is something in the air!
Will prob do ES&S L1 tomorrow...as its prob my favourite and I need motivating!
Happy JMing (or Bobing) all...

Jacksterbear Thu 23-Jan-14 12:06:23

Enjoy Bob notyummy! Happyp well done on L2 Killer! I've only done it a couple of times as it scares me! blush

However I'm on a Jillian roll this week! M- NMTZ; Tu- BFBM; W- L1 ES&S; Th- L2 ES&S. Woohoo! L2 was not as hard as I'd thought - takes a bit of getting used to, and I still can't for the life of me work out those damned hip heists confused, but gave it a good go!

notyummy Thu 23-Jan-14 13:33:31

That sounds Jackster- I am not entirely sure that I doing the hip heists right, but I figure if I am doing a press up with one leg off the floor at the end of each one, then that's got to be hard enough work to be doing me some good!

Bob is finished- phew. I think May have phoned it in at a couple of bits. I usually do it with DH and we are a bit competitive so I don't slack off. Not sure I was so hard on myself today. Still - bits of my body feel like jelly so not that much slacking.

BFBM tomorrow and a quick L3 shred first thing Saturday before before I depart for hen do in London. Depending on how I feel on the Sunday when I get back I may go in the cross trainer.

notyummy Sat 25-Jan-14 16:50:41

Should have said that sounds great jackster!

Managed BFBM yesterday and L3 shred today- am now drinking copious prosecco on hen night ;-) If well enough tomorrow will do a cross trainer session and then plan a Bob Harper Cardio Rev on Monday.

EarSlaps Sat 25-Jan-14 19:40:07

Well I have finished L3 of Ripped and will move onto L4 on Monday. Please tell me it's not too bad smile.

notyummy Sun 26-Jan-14 01:58:19

I genuinely think that overall L4 is no worse than L3!

Am posting on return from big night out. Suspect will suffer tomorrow,

LittlePudding1 Sun 26-Jan-14 13:07:30

Hi, am looking for some Jillian advice please.

I've just completed L2 D5 of the shred and am still aching a fair bit, doing mostly Anita moves!

After the shred I was planning on doing Ripped in 30, then killer buns and maybe 6 weeks 6 pack.

Do you think this is a good order to do them in?

Am also low carbing and have about a stone to lose but lots of toning to do. Also have a lot of flabby skin on my tummy after pregnancies (last one 4 years ago!!)

Thanks

notyummy Mon 27-Jan-14 19:33:37

Littlepudding that sounds like a good plan to me! Ripped is the natural progression from Shred. Personally I think you would be better doing No More Trouble Zones instead of Killer as it is a better all over work out.

Managed 30 mins on the cross trainer with a hangover yesterday, and the hard work that is Bob's cardio rev this afternoon whilst working from home. Was tough....

EarSlaps Mon 27-Jan-14 19:47:49

Littlepudding- I did 6w6p after shred as I fancied a change of format, then Ripped when I'd finished that. I do 3 lots of Ripped a week then if I get a chance to exercise more than that I might do a Killer or something. NMTZ and BFBM are saved for when I have more time (very rarely!), I really must write down what's in each circuit of each of them so I can devise shorter workouts of each. I have ES&S too but haven't tried it yet, just due to timing really.

Week two of no kitchen now! Managing ok but I'm missing the dishwasher! Feel a bit self conscious exercising with workmen in and I struggle more in the evenings so I'm only really managing three times a week at the moment. I'm also doing a push up challenge that's designed to get you doing 50 in a row! Last night was tough- 14-12-14-12 with a minute rest between each set. Get a couple of easier days as 'recovery' now.

This thread is not accepting new messages.