Jillian Michaels' 6 week 6 pack - anyone want to (re)start with me?

(235 Posts)

I've just done Shred and had great results.
Am now starting 6 week 6 pack - does anyone want to start or restart with me?
smile hopeful smile

wrigglebum Thu 17-Oct-13 19:44:54

Well done MrsF, really pleased for you. You must feel amazing! Bet you're glad you didn't get rid of all those clothes!

Hurrah for clothes victory! This is a thread of joy and cracking results now which is great as it started out full of tumbleweed. That is so cool MrsF and the leather trousers sound fab smile smile

Carb cycling is what I've been vaguely doing too: usually don't eat til lunch but some days I have protein breakfast like omelette or nuts or ham and cheese...few ultra low carb days ie 20-30g, other days 50-60g, some days eat 1800 cals, others about 1300...keeping my body guessing. Once a month I eat sushi and about 140g carbs.. This seems to jolt me into losing again and I've got down to 17% body fat which is equivalent to when I was dancing 5 days a week in my 20s. I'm working out 4-5 days a week now but for longer - 3x hour dance classes and 2x JM.

Still got loose skin but obliques very defined now and arms/shoulders ripped.

Wriggle and Lavender, v impressed at running and ripped. I can't run here: it's too hot and humid in the morning when DS at playgroup which is only free time.

Sorry that was epic post woffling on blush

MrsFlorrick Fri 18-Oct-13 11:52:45

Hi everyone.

Trucks! 17% body fat! Wow rock on. That's amazing. No wonder you're strutting around in your tropical paradise in designer bikinis!!

My body fat scales are broken clearly. At my heaviest they declared 45% body fat. Today they are still stubbornly declaring 45% body fat. Whilst this is technically possible. I don't think it's true given I have lost lots of inches and am much less wobbly. Besides that body fat calculator from the other thread had me at about 26% which sounds about right. Even if its 28% its still good given where I was.

Must concentrate now on lowering the body fat so my tummy will finally be wobble free ditto for thighs.

Still delirious after my massive NSV and leather trousers. Bit worried I am too old at 40 for them. I intend to wear them with ankle biker boots and not middle aged Essex stylee stilettos. If that helps.

I am out with friends tonight (without DH and DC for the first time in over 4 years!!!) and the leather trews are getting an outing too.

Bit wibbly now that its a bit mutton (ironic as trousers a lamb skin ha) and I will look like Dorian from birds of a feather (shudder).

At least I won't look fat. wink

DH didn't say anything about the very expensive trews. I think he recognises the hard work that went into this (and a mid life crises when he sees one wink)

Am planning to get Jillian out later and dig deep!

wrigglebum Fri 18-Oct-13 13:49:14

Yes, those body fat scales aren't too accurate. Mine had me at 35.8% before starting and now 28%, so quite a bit higher than other methods. I suspect the truth is somewhere inbetween, so maybe around 25%.

I think you're going to look amazing in those trousers, 40 is not old, and your friends will be amazed (and possibly a bit jealous too).

MrsFlorrick Fri 18-Oct-13 17:34:37

On my way to central London in the leather trousers. My first night out without DH or DC in 4 years. Yay. grin

Have a great evening.

Didn't get to the workout as DC where whining all day. I could bare shower and dress they were so bad. Not helped by PILs arriving today. PILs are lovely but both in their 80s. So it's like have two extra toddlers in the house.

Lavenderhoney Fri 18-Oct-13 18:05:08

Mrs f, have a fabulous timesmile I used to live in central London.. Quite envy of you going out there.

I must sort out my tummy ( wails) I tried to download yoga meltdown and I have to be a us customer. How unfairsad

Trucks, I don't run outside, too hot and humid here. I run in the gymsmile back to it - half term nearly done!

wrigglebum Sat 19-Oct-13 11:32:41

L1D6. Had to pause a few times to change a nappy and referee arguments but it's done.

Yesterday was a rest day but I did some hula hooping.

MrsF Hope the London night out in fab trousers went well!
Good work wriggle!
I'm mulling over whether to do 6w6p before pole class today; the pole warm up is a bit skimpy but the class is hard work and I don't want to overdo it - might do half L1 with light weights and a big stretch so I arrive pumped but not knackered! DS preschool been shut thurs and Fri but managed to fit Thursday barre class in as cleaner amused DS, nothing yesterday as no child care.

However looking after a 2 year old and home does involve quite a bit of bending and lifting and rushing about!

MrsFlorrick Sun 20-Oct-13 14:37:51

Hello everyone.

Well my so called friends didn't mention the leather trews. DH has said he doesn't like them. But he did add that he doesn't like any type of leather garment other than jackets.

Grrr. So I am going to attempt to post photo of me in said trousers on profile next week. And you can tell me what you think.

Other than that still enjoying my old wardrobe. And very happy that I have come this far.

Did a Jillian workout yesterday. No time to day as busy with PILs and DC had birthday party to attend earlier.

I shall be enjoying wine later! DH is at home tomorrow so he is taking PILs and DC to museum while I get a break.

Lavenderhoney Sun 20-Oct-13 16:40:31

Mrs F, I bet you looked lovely- and do post a pic if you cansmile

I did 6w6p l2 today but kept being interrupted by dd, who was home from school as she is poorly.

I am going to do yoga meltdown l1 later, I found it on you tube. I'd still like to buy it next time I go shopping though.

Lavenderhoney Sun 20-Oct-13 17:49:56

Trucks! You didn't say extreme yoga was that hard! I thought I was doing ok dong level 2 6w6p, running 5 k etc... Just did a bit and had to stop-
Ill have another go tomorrow, I think. Maybe. Perhapssmile

MrsFlorrick Sun 20-Oct-13 18:51:11

Lavender. That's interesting. So is yoga meltdown harder than 6w6p?? Find that difficult to believe. I want to know more....

Btw I am buying a bigger hoola hoop on amazon. I had bought the Davina one but apparently I am so tall I need one 20cm bigger. Bit scared of the 1.7 kg weight and those nobbly sticky out bits to pummel your waist as you hoop. Yikes.

I was planning to carry on another full round of 6w6p with the 3kg weight (following Bashira!) and a 10min hooping session a day with it too.

I want to start swimming again too. Just a couple of times a week as I enjoy it.

I guess I could hoop for 10mins in the morning when I get up pre shower, then 5 days a week 6w6p and on the last two days I could swim.

Would that be a plan? Or too much? I am keen to shape up the last wobbly bits and hit that goal weight. Can you tell wink

Lavender Ha lol I DID so say it [yoga meltdown] was hard! You were just distracted by my talk of JM appearing mellow!

mrsF trouser snap needed. I think they sound divine. And your hoop/swim/DVD plans sound great.

I went to beach today and pranced about with my core locked in my fancy bikini. It kept raining and the beach was very quiet but I felt great.

I did see someone I knew vaguely..
She didn't recognise me.

Ok I will tell you a secret.

Tomorrow I am going to see an aesthetic surgeon ssssssh.
Tiny touch of filler in my nose mouth lines and cheek bones.
I will regret posting this in the morning...

Lavenderhoney Mon 21-Oct-13 08:32:11

Trucks, how did your aesthetic stuff go? Is it like Botox?

And that's a nice way to spend a morning, on the beach. I can't here as its still too hot and I don't want a deep tan either.

I did the 6p6w l2, then the yoga meltdown. This time I approached it properlysmile I ached a bit from the tiny amount I did yesterday so I fully expect to be really sore later.

Ill do callentics for my tummy tonight when the lo are in bed.

I have a secret, but someone else knows, and I think they wish they didn't- served them right for askingsmile - I think they have too much emotional intelligence! . Its not very exciting either. Sometimes I wouldn't be me for a million poundssad

Do you want to tell your secret nosy?
Filler was painful but has made a big difference: I had deep lines running nose-mouth worsened by weight loss, was looking gaunt round cheekbones as apples of cheeks sank with age/weight loss and a droop in top right of lip from a blunt force trauma a decade ago, which was getting obvious as lips thinned with age.

So he injected juvederm deep under the skin into the lines and into the cheeks and balanced the lips (not plumping trout pout, just to balance all the scarring one side, so done inside the lips). And I've got my pre DC face back as well as my body!

Had tiny bit of Botox 6 weeks ago to iron out 11's - the deep forehead furrows caused by two years tiredness and squinting that made me look permanently cross, and a touch on crow's feet (but still have laughter lines)

Forehead still mobile.

That's me done - I'm now going to carry on working out and eating low carb and high fat because I feel and look better than I did for the whole of my 30s (which were a gruelling decade beset by traumas to be fair).

Yay! I am renovated!
It will be a pleasure keeping it up and embracing my new life smile
THANKS MUMSNET flowers
Sorry long self indulgent post.

MrsFlorrick Tue 22-Oct-13 01:40:02

Ooh. Trucks. That's exciting!! You're officially back to your former self. Congrats my friend!! You deserve to strut proudly in your designer swim wear.

I am aiming for this too. Don't need filler but Botox may be an idea. But am waaaaaayyy too chicken for it sadly. Wish I could pluck up courage really. My most ageing feature is two lines running across my forehead like a tram track. Don't have 11s or anything else on face. I would have a fringe but have always had rubbish thin hair which wouldn't cover it or look odd.

I do have some lines on neck but Botox wouldn't work and don't think filler would either. It would have to be one of those half body lifts you see on tv I think, where they would sort of hoik up my lower neck skin and pull down the upper part yuck..

Are you in the Caribbean Trucks? If so lucky you!! If you're out east (Singapore way) even luckier you grin tis a bit drizzly in London this evening and heading for the grey winter so tales of sunshine makes me feel wistful.

Lavender. Well done on another successful Jillian session!
I did another today too. I am toying with getting ripped in 30. Don't think I'll get yoga meltdown though. Not sure it's for me.

wrigglebum Tue 22-Oct-13 06:48:18

Good for you Trucks! Glad you're so happy with your new self.

wrigglebum Tue 22-Oct-13 06:51:39

Yes, I'm after Ripped too MrsF. Might wait it out and ask for it for Xmas. I'm also toying with doing insanity!

MrsFlorrick Tue 22-Oct-13 13:44:27

Wrigglebum. Which one is insanity?? I've not seen that anywhere. Can you get it on iTunes?

It sounds like something I need grin!!

I am finding it hard to not over eat while PILs are here. They are both in their 80s and you can barely finish one meal before the enquire about the next or about snack, cake, biscuits etc etc. it's works out to 6 meals a day! As the DC have dinner at 5pm and the rest of us eat at 7.

They leave tomorrow and I have several full on fast days and low carb days coming my way!!!

That said I am back in the kitchen baking a chocolate orange cake with Ganash as its FILs birthday grin

It's a lot of work but the DC love them so much and at their age PILs main enjoyment is food, news paper, our DC and strictly come dancing. So the least I can do is serve up their favourites. At least I am roasting a chicken later. They can all have potato and I will have salad.

Hoping to squeeze a workout in but not sure i will manage!

wrigglebum Tue 22-Oct-13 15:06:13

Insanity
Not a Jillian one but gets good reviews. Can get it on amazon or at Argos too.

MrsFlorrick Tue 22-Oct-13 19:13:07

Thanks Wrigglebum. It certainly looks insane and effective!!!

Bit scared though. May need to do another Jillian one before I try insanity. grin

wrigglebum Tue 22-Oct-13 19:31:42

I know- really scary. I think I'm going to put it in the 'do it by the time I'm 40' pile. That gives me nearly six years grin.

MrsFlorrick Tue 22-Oct-13 21:45:45

Wriggle. I was 40 earlier this year. Does this mean I don't have to do Insanity then (hopeful)?

I wonder what would firm me up more, yoga meltdown, ripped in 30 or another season of 6w6p? I also saw this Jillian one which is a 90 day one body Revolutions. Wonder if that's worth the money?

wrigglebum Tue 22-Oct-13 22:45:42

Put it on the list to do by 50 then MrsF- gives you plenty of time grin.

wrigglebum Wed 23-Oct-13 06:35:15

Not done any exercise since Saturday as mil has been here so I decided to have a bit of a rest. Planning to do 6w6p at lunchtime when DS has his nap and I'm really looking forward to it.

Splashed out on some new workout gear and a new sports bra yesterday- when I'm working out 3-5 times a week one set of clothes isn't enough. Sports bras are expensive, so thank goodness for the cheap workout clothes from Sports Direct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now