Jillian Michaels' 6 week 6 pack - anyone want to (re)start with me?

(235 Posts)

I've just done Shred and had great results.
Am now starting 6 week 6 pack - does anyone want to start or restart with me?
smile hopeful smile

wrigglebum Thu 10-Oct-13 23:18:53

Did Blast Fat Boost Metabolism this evening, gosh I was sweaty after! Started off ok but was struggling at the end, don't think I would have had a chance if I hadn't done shred first!
Think I'll wait until the weekend for another 6w6p session now- fancy a rest day tomorrow.

MrsFlorrick Fri 11-Oct-13 18:31:03

Hi everyone. Welcome wriggle grin

I have had the last 6 days off due to bad cold and chesty cough. Not just me but DC as well. It's been miserable.

Hoping to get back to it by Sunday or Monday.

I think I want to do Ripped in 30 next. But I could just save my money and 6w6p again!

Argh decisions.

Trucks. Hope your back mends soon.

I can see what your chiropractor means about side lunge with a bend.

But then you can hurt yourself doing almost any exercise if you are not careful.

Trucks the exercises you copied for me for diastisis recti are the ones I have been doing with the physio. I've had extensive physio after both DC. Not just for the DR but also a problem with my SI joints (hip joints at the back). If I hadn't had that intensive physio, I would be in a wheelchair by now. Many with SI injuries end up in wheel chairs.

We had to pay for all my physio both times. The NHS offered me a wheel chair and opiate painkillers. And help with an application for a Blue parking badge!! Quite literally!

It's all fixable with physio (very expensive. We spent about £5k on physio). But hey it beats a wheel chair.

My stomach gap isn't there when the muscles are working. They come together completely. However because the gap was so large (8 fingers), then the membrane which holds both sides of the muscles together (towards each other) when the muscles are not working, has been torn completely around my belly button and one inch above and below.

This is what makes me look pregnant and makes my belly much bigger in the centre.

And it's getting to me!!

I know it shouldn't. But it does.

Am going to a 40th tomorrow and if a single person asks me if I am pregnant or congratulates me. I will not be happy. In fact I wish DH would go alone and I would stay at home with DC as I'd rather have a night in then the constant "oh congratulations or when are you due".

I must repeat: "I am a size 12 and not fat"!! And try not to cry hmm

wrigglebum Sun 13-Oct-13 07:04:49

Thanks for the welcome MrsF. Shocking that the nhs were no help at all with physio. Pregnancy is an absolute horror for the body for some people. Hope the coughs and colds are getting better now too.

L1D3 yesterday evening. I can do most of the exercises at intermediate level now but any crunches I struggle with. Planks I find ok, but I can't imagine ever being able to do the spider plank with a push up! I really need to work on push ups- I'd love to be able to do more than a couple of proper push ups.

I fancy Ripped in 30 too after this too. Hopefully a bit of variety can help keep it interesting. I like the look of this collection. I can see me ending up with a Jillian library at home! I just love how she motivates you- I always thought home DVDs were easy but certainly not these! Might try someone else's too- anyone got any recommendations (but not Davina- she annoys me too much).

Perhaps one day I'll work up the nerve to try Insanity!

MrsFlorrick Sun 13-Oct-13 21:10:40

Wriggle. I attempted a spider plank with a push up and fell flat on my face. 2 yo DS laughing saying "oh no mummy fall down".

May need to work on that!!

Had a look at ripped in 30. Hmmm. Interested.

Mrs F it's so awful to hear how hard you've been having to fight to get your middle sorted post DC. I hope the party is lovely and people tell you how fit you look. And that cough clears up.
Wriggle the spider thing is impossible with push up! That whole last sequence is v hard on shoulders but really works!

I skipped today as no time - went out last night to a gala and had fun with sore abs after starting l1 again. Will do it tomorrow and have pole class booked for tues: hoping back holds out.

wrigglebum Mon 14-Oct-13 10:12:57

L1D4 done this morning. Was up with DS at 5.40, so had a quick drink of water then put on my exercise gear (that I had put downstairs yesterday evening) and got on with it. Had to pause a few times to put slippers back on DS, fix toys etc, and some exercises were done with a toddler on my stomach! It's nice that it's done now though.

I think I'll do 15 lots of L1 before I move onto L2- she says 5x per week so 15 would be three weeks worth. 3-4 times a week is plenty for me!

MrsFlorrick Mon 14-Oct-13 10:34:43

Well done wriggle! That's hardcore so early in the morning.

Cough and cold gone so no excuses left and I need to get back into it today.

Trucks. Pole dancing sounds good. Bet it's really hard. I've tried it once and I was really bad at it.

No one seemed to notice my tum at the party. I think they were too busy looking at my wardrobe malfunction!

Wore a pair of trousers I've not worn for 5 years. Turns out they were too big and kept slipping down. I spent much of the night showing my knickers. blush It was a NSV but not really the sort you dream of is it!hmm

Still though a pair of size 12s falling off your back side isn't bad. I will temper it by saying the were by Day, Birger eat Mikkelsen and their sizes are Danish and generous. And a sort of a legging type jodhpurs trousers and elasticated waist. Still they were 12s and fell off.

wrigglebum Mon 14-Oct-13 10:37:23

That is certainly a NSV MrsF!

I'd love to try pole dancing too, but I suspect I'd be awful.

MrsFlorrick Mon 14-Oct-13 18:22:44

A further NSV. I tried on my very small 7 For All Mankind skinny Roxanne in size 29. And they fit!! I had actually put them in the pile for chucking as there was no way I would ever wear them again. But no they fit.

Last time I wore those was August 2008 (pre DC and pregnancy). So over 5 years.

I did weigh about 5.5kg less than I do now. But I was less fit and most def had less muscle. All that lugging DC around and pushing heavily laden stroller over and up a gravel road every day (several times a day more like) and of course a few rounds of shred and 6w6p.

I actually cannot quite believe it. Even last autumn when I was just a little (circa 2kg) heavier than now, I couldn't even pull those jean over my thighes. shock

I know I am hogging the thread and going on and on but feck me. This is seriously amazing.

Am going to try lots of other clothes on from the "will never wear because I will never be that slim again" pile! Ooohhh. Wonder what else fits ?

Yay! Yay! Hooray!
It has happened!
The moment MrsF gets her fab wardrobe back!
I have been excited about this moment coming since the summer when you posted about all the lovely clothes!
Really genuinely pleased for you!
smilesmile ;)

Well done on dawn Jillian session wriggle!
smile
I'm doing yoga meltdown later when DS in bed because something still not right with ribs and need to be careful for pole tomorrow. I love pole and did it for years before DS was born.

wrigglebum Mon 14-Oct-13 19:57:44

Go on as much as you like MrsF- what an achievement! Certainly proof you should judge results on inches lost rather than weight smile. And very jealous of your posh clothes- I've been buying my new jeans from Primark and New Look! Maybe when the boys are bigger and my clothes don't get so trashed I will splash out on something amazing!

Sorry to hear you're still sore Trucks, take it easy until you feel better. Jillian will be ready when you are grin.

<awaits update on which clothes fit and which are now a bit big>

wrigglebum Tue 15-Oct-13 14:16:12

Agreed, come on MrsF- we want to hear how you managed to fit into every single item in the 'too slim' pile!

Did No More Trouble Zones earlier- what a workout!

MrsFlorrick Tue 15-Oct-13 18:54:28

Trucks and wriggle. Didn't get that far! Last night I got roped into one of DHs "chores". He wants a new tv. Apparently ours is technologically out of date. Hmmm. It shows actual tv has free view and DVD player so what's the issue?

Anyway needless to say the tedious musings over which ridiculous monstrosity he wants took my evening and I am yet to try on the "clothes I will never be thin enough for again" pile.

But it's winking at me and the DC go to their beds in a few moments. I sadly have to remove DS poo from bath first and sterilise hmmyuk.
But you didn't want to know that.

I did my L1 6w6p today. I am following Bashira. I can almost do a spider plank and push up. Admittedly push up is a pathetic slight arm bend but its there and I am using 3kg weight (6.6lbs?). And using the weight for lever crunch and get up too. Proud or whatgrin

Very excellent well done mrs f and wriggle!
Pole turned out to be fairly advanced technical class: we spent an hour doing mounts and dismounts and inversions which was a bit of a shock after 4 years off. I vaguely thought we'd just do a few beginner twirls.

Covered in bruises.
Signed up 2x week for 5 weeks grin

Get trying those threads mrs F!

(Once you're no longer covered in poo, obviously).

Lavenderhoney Tue 15-Oct-13 19:21:08

I've had ( having) a week from hell and didnt realise this thread was still going..

I have been running 5 k nearly everyday instead of gw 6w6p for a change, and its my tummy which is stubbornly refusing to go! Not helped by the copious amounts of wine I am drinking at the moment either..

I'm going to download yoga meltdown as GM does seem to know what she is doingsmile

Mrs f, that sounds wonderful, I am so pleased for yousmile

Trucks, have you aired the bikinis yetsmile

Hello and welcome back lavender! Well done on running, sorry to hear of hard week. Good luck with yoga meltdown
Yes, bikinis have been aired [sucks in tum] grin

wrigglebum Thu 17-Oct-13 13:08:16

L1D5 today, gosh I'm sweaty! It was hard as I'm still slightly sore from NMTZ on Tuesday but I got there (apart from completely collapsing during the second lot of mountain climbers)!

MrsFlorrick Thu 17-Oct-13 13:36:23

Hi everyone.

So I have now reclaimed the majority of the "I will never be slim enough again to wear that" pile. Including but not limited to:

Several pairs of 7for all mankind size 29 jeans. Size 10 hobbs top, size 10 DKNY silk top and trousers, 3 Max Mara dresses (12s), size 10 LK Bennett silk and linen coat, various size 12 skirts from Jigsaw hobbs LK Benett, trouser from Nicole Fahri, several Jigsaw, LK Bennett and hobbs suits (all 12s but 10 years old so small 12s). Plus dresses from Whistles, Jigsaw, Milly.

I am beyond happy (shallow and vain). But I seriously didn't think I'd get anywhere near my smaller stuff in a million years. I have just over half a stone to go so I have lost almost 5.5 stone since DS was born 2 years ago.

Yippee!!

Not only did I weigh the same after each pregnancy, I had physical problems (SI hip joints and diastisis recti) preventing lots of exercise, I was recovering from GD, and the DC were less than 2 years apart. AND I have just turned 40!!!

So in a moment of middle aged madness, I went out and bought a pair of All Saints Biker Leather trousers in Oxblood colour (size 12
Obviously grin).

DH won't be happy I spent ££££ on those trousers when I have just reclaimed an entire wardrobe. But he didn't have to wreck his body to have the DC AND then put it all back together again. So there. grin

You guys (MN in general) are such fab support wink and clearly Jillian Michaels and her workouts rock.

Off to admire self in leather trousers.....grin

Lavenderhoney Thu 17-Oct-13 14:48:57

Mrsf that's fantastic! I am so pleased for you after your post ages ago ( not that long really) about how you felt.

Have you just been doing the 6p6w everyday? My tummy is bulging(!) and I can't get it down, even with loads of running. I am about the download the yoga meltdown having watched it on YouTube. Gillian looks quite tense at all the feathery strokey stuff, then replapses quite quickly back to her normal selfsmile

Come on, motivate me, please. I am a size ten, with a tummy. Not a good look for me.

MrsFlorrick Thu 17-Oct-13 14:58:16

Lavender. I have just been there. Got down to a size 12 but with a tummy. I tried doing 4:3 but I ended up failing as I was too hungry.

So I tried carb cycling. Body builders do a version of it to maximise fat loss. The body builder version involves complex calculations of how much carb to eat and when against your body weight and when you work out.

I did a simple version which was low carb (under 30gnof carb a day) for two days a week. Still 5:2 and 16:8 except weekends when I eat dinner later with DH.

The fat loss in the tummy has been amazing!!! And quick too. Not so much weight loss but that may be down to doing 6w6p with much heavier weights.

Also been doing lever crunches and diagonal getups with weights has added muscle to the belly. You can actually feel and see that. And quickly too.

Lavenderhoney Thu 17-Oct-13 15:02:04

Mrsf thankssmile I am lc and have been since jan- I have had a bad week and have drink more wine this week than possibly all year so far, which I think doesn't help.

Its half term so I haven't been finding the time for any exercise. Back to it in a few days. My body is a temple ... Of doomsmile

MrsFlorrick Thu 17-Oct-13 16:32:39

grin At temple of doom! That's what I've been like for the last few years.

Sorry about all the boasting on your thread Trucks. Hope you don't mind.

Back to making dinner for DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now