Anyone fancy starting couch to 5K on 9th Sept?

(137 Posts)
phantomhairpuller Fri 30-Aug-13 11:03:47

Am thinking I'll need that long to mentally prepare! wink

Have downloaded the podcast and ordered proper 'runners' earphones for my iphone (cos the normal ones don't stay in when I run!)

As soon as they arrive I'll be ready to go!

Am thinking i'll have to run in the evenings when DH is home with the DCs

I absolutely am not a runner- I was once but then had 2 children and put on 4 stone shock

Things have got to change!

UsedToBeNDP Tue 15-Oct-13 14:01:31

Hello all.

I used to MN (originally joined in 2003, deregged in about 2009/2010). I used to road run (used the c25K plan). I stopped doing both.

I'm back on MN (wooooo) and so for the Yang to my Ying, I need to pick up the running again (bum). In truth, I do feel better when I'm exercising, I'm not overweight so it's not a weight loss mission for me, I just want to improve my health again.

I've got one of the many 0-10k apps on my mobile (very similar to the c25k just goes a longer plan and trains you to run further at the end). I did plan to start last week but was struck down with (wo)man flu, so this week it is.

Glad to have found this thread for mutual support smile. Good luck to all of the new starters and congratulations to all of you who are already well into your plans already !

originalpiratematerial Tue 15-Oct-13 16:54:29

Hi NDP! I used to be a mumsnetter too, back in the day, but left for a long while. However, I certainly wasn't a runner back then!

originalpiratematerial Tue 15-Oct-13 16:55:33

By the way, there is another thread for Couch to 5 km that has a lot more posters on it, on which I'm also posting, so do come on over, anyone who hasn't already found it!

UsedToBeNDP Tue 15-Oct-13 16:59:02

Hello OPM smile

I started running and rowing (as in on a Concept2, not arguing) in my last few months here, I think. Sadly it petered out after my running buddy gave up. Running on your own is less motivational, I find.

UsedToBeNDP Tue 15-Oct-13 17:03:15

Oh I'll have a look, thanks

jezzasjockstrap Tue 15-Oct-13 20:15:13

Checking in- completed W5R1 today, only impeded by an OAP and a man on a bike.
Rest (swim) day tomorrow.

originalpiratematerial Tue 15-Oct-13 23:01:18

Jezzas - smile

AlottaRunning Wed 16-Oct-13 11:22:14

I didn't do my run this morning. After feeling fine while running on Monday my calf was badly aching by the afternoon, still a slight ache today so though I would leave it till tomorrow or Friday.

GrippingArms Fri 18-Oct-13 13:32:54

Did you make it out, Alotta?

AlottaRunning Sat 19-Oct-13 15:25:21

Unfortunately not. My DS had an asthma attack on the Wednesday afternoon and I had to run (more like a power walk!) down to his school.

He recovered but my calf ended up worse. I'm not in any pain or anything it just feels really stiff so not sure what is going on with it now.

I'm desperate to get back running!

GrippingArms Sat 19-Oct-13 15:36:02

Oh no, hope he's ok now?

Have you thought about going for a sports massage?

Not had one myself, but people swear by them. Then if you've not done so before, have you had a gait analysis at one of the running shops?

jezzasjockstrap Mon 11-Nov-13 17:58:15

W7 D1 completed today. I managed 22 minutes without much walking apart from crossing the main road.
Still feels quite slow pace but hopefully this will improve. Also my right hip starts aching a bit if I do set off too fast.
Swim tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now