Anyone fancy starting couch to 5K on 9th Sept?

(137 Posts)
phantomhairpuller Fri 30-Aug-13 11:03:47

Am thinking I'll need that long to mentally prepare! wink

Have downloaded the podcast and ordered proper 'runners' earphones for my iphone (cos the normal ones don't stay in when I run!)

As soon as they arrive I'll be ready to go!

Am thinking i'll have to run in the evenings when DH is home with the DCs

I absolutely am not a runner- I was once but then had 2 children and put on 4 stone shock

Things have got to change!

RippingYarns Fri 06-Sep-13 10:51:08

i was just about to start a thread for new-starts for 9th sept, most of us are from the shred threads, can we join please?

i'll link this one over there grin

<limbers up>

phantomhairpuller Fri 06-Sep-13 13:11:49

Anathema, my knee isn't too bad now thanks. Could feel it whilst I did run 1 but did level 2 shred yesterday and it was mostly fine.

Hoping to get out for run 2 tonight as long as the weather holds out. Failing that I'll be out bright and early in the morning to do it smile

wallpaperaddict Sat 07-Sep-13 12:13:09

Hello everyone! I'm going to start on Monday. I got upto week 5 but that was 7 weeks ago. I found it too hard to find the time over the summer holidays. I'm probably going to start again from week 2 or 3 if I can manage!

<waves to ripping> are you ready?!

RippingYarns Sat 07-Sep-13 12:27:25

<waves back>

Oh yes, I CAN do this <wobbles slightly>

I can do it, can't I? People will laugh as they see my wobbly gait and confusion at listening to Laura whilst still moving, but I can do this.

wallpaperaddict Sat 07-Sep-13 13:06:01

ripping you can do it! No one will laugh, even if they did, you're the better person. You're the one getting out and getting exercise, whilst they are plain rude!

RippingYarns Sat 07-Sep-13 13:28:52

thanks wallpaper

just having a few nerves about going public - i always shred with the curtains closed blush

You can do it Ripping. I've not had anyone laugh or shout at me (yet) even though where I live it a bit rough. The most I've had is the neighbourhood cats giving me funny looks as I plod by.

I'm starting week 2 tonight. Still not got around to finding an app that lets you play your own music, so I'm hoping the music for week 2 is slightly less rubbish.

NotInTheMood Sat 07-Sep-13 15:29:24

I can I join please I've downloaded my app and map my run. I've been running this week but need to build up gradually as might have over done before :-/ so have decided to try couch to 5 k

RippingYarns Sat 07-Sep-13 16:12:00

Thanks everyone

I tell myself I don't care if people don't like how is look, but the fear of making a fool of myself crept in a few days ago.

It's all in my head, no-one has said anything at all. Apart from DH who is full of praise and compliments

Ripping I feel the same, completely worried about looking like a fool but determined to get it done for my own benefit.

Going to stick my headphones in and stick a cap on and pretend I'm invisible!

RippingYarns Mon 09-Sep-13 08:26:31

Morning runners!

Are we ready?

phantomhairpuller Mon 09-Sep-13 08:37:28

Right then!! I can't run till tonight but I am SO ready for this!! grin

RippingYarns Mon 09-Sep-13 09:32:13

That was so good!

I ran on a mixture of path and grass with small inclines on both, and in light rain.

Want to do it again already :-O

I did it! Surprisingly managed all the runs and felt great afterwards.
Was really nervous beforehand but not half as bad as I thought.
Looking forward to the next one.

wallpaperaddict Mon 09-Sep-13 12:20:11

Hi runners, well done to those who have already run! I'm hoping to go this evening once DC are in bed, weather permitting!

Chopsypie Mon 09-Sep-13 13:27:05

Can I join in please? Lost 2 stone this year through diet alone, would like another 2 off so looking to step up my exercise. Used to swim twice a week but stopped after a stomach infection. So very much starting from scratch. I have iPhone, c25k app and a sports bra. Will be running at about half 7, so ill report back then!

NotInTheMood Mon 09-Sep-13 18:02:44

I'm starting tonight at 7.30 my knee doesn't feel great though feeling nervous eerkk

Well done everyone who started this morning, and good luck to everyone starting tonight.

I'm doing week 2 run 2 this evening. Week 2 doesn't seem to be any worse than week 1, so I'm feeling confident. I'm going to have to get some cold weather running gear though. Autumn seems to have hit all of a sudden and I'm not prepared! At least it seems to have stopped raining. I'm not sure I'm committed enough to go out in a downpour.

wallpaperaddict Mon 09-Sep-13 18:38:03

I was hoping to start today but can't get out to run this evening now. So I will be hopefully starting tomorrow.

phantomhairpuller Mon 09-Sep-13 18:56:35

I'm in the same boat wallpaper, I'm bloody pissed off with DH to be honest! He knew I wanted to run tonight but bloody work comes first as usual! By the time he gets home it will be dark and there are no streetlights round by us hmm

Rant over grin

I hope to start tomorrow instead. Well done all who started today.

NoelHeadbands Mon 09-Sep-13 21:29:46

Yey can I join?

I got to week 4 a little while ago, but holidays and stuff got in the way so I'm going to start over. First day for me tomorrow

NotInTheMood Mon 09-Sep-13 21:31:49

Definitely a lot colder out brrrrr

phantomhairpuller Tue 10-Sep-13 11:13:51

Done grin

Day 2 week 1.

Feels great to have done it!

wallpaperaddict Tue 10-Sep-13 20:01:24

Did my first run earlier, started on day 1 of week 2 as I had got upto week 5 not so long ago. It was great to get out and do it but not much of a challenge so I might try week 3 next run! I don't want to get bored! Seriously amazed at how cold it was out this evening though!

Going to do W1D2 in the morning, woke up this morning with slightly aching thighs so will spend more time stretching them after run tomorrow.
It has been freezing here today so might wear warmer clothes tomorrow, just hope it doesn't rain too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now