Parkrunners unite!

(1000 Posts)
IsThatTrue Thu 25-Jul-13 14:15:27

Right, lets find all the park runners we have on here. I did my first park run on sat.

I am very impressed with my time of 33.18 smile I am ridiculously pleased with myself.

So park runners, where are you?

IsThatTrue Thu 26-Sep-13 22:03:02

blush I don't do any warm up before a run, I really should shouldn't I?!

Oh lizzy parkrun will miss you too I'm sure, back to it next week smile

ohone 20 smile nearly halfway there. Sat will be 9 for me! smile

BIWI Thu 26-Sep-13 22:06:17

Yes you should, IsThatTrue! And you should cool down and stretch afterwards!

<voice of bitter, injured experience>

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 26-Sep-13 22:14:24

I'm 5 weeks into couch 2 5k and have park run in mind for the future.

The trouble is that it's 40 minutes from home and starts at 9am and DH likes to have a lie in on a Saturday! I'm sewing the seed that he could have a lie in on Sundays instead!

BIWI Thu 26-Sep-13 22:16:34

Can't you go without DH?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 26-Sep-13 22:21:41

Oh, he won't be coming!

He'll just have to be conscious from about 8am to keep an eye on our ds's!

IsThatTrue Thu 26-Sep-13 22:35:49

I do stretch after and for parkrun my warm up is walking up the bloody massive hill to get there. I should do something before I get injured though really.

Welcome iwish I'm quite lucky that my DH is pretty much incapable of laying in so he has no excuse! smile 40 minutes is a long way to go for a parkrun though! That's dedication smile

Lizzylou Thu 26-Sep-13 22:39:28

I don't warm up! That us why I am crap!

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Thu 26-Sep-13 23:00:18

I usually cycle-does that count I wonder?

BIWI Thu 26-Sep-13 23:15:22

The C25K has a 5 minute, brisk walk as its warm up.

Whenever I go to the gym, with my trainer, I always have to do a 5 minute warm up on the bike.

So I'm guessing that it's important ... grin

IsThatTrue Fri 27-Sep-13 05:51:37

I def do a 5 min walk before a parkrun to get there, although I don't with my other runs, 1 I go straight from the school run (so after a 5 min child paced amble) and one I go in the evening straight out the front door.

Blatherskite Fri 27-Sep-13 10:01:33

I really should run to parkrun. It takes me at least the first k to get properly into my stride so if I'd already done that on the way there (it'd be about 2.5k there), I'd be a lot faster for the actual run.

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Fri 27-Sep-13 22:46:00

I hope everyone has a good run tomorrowsmile

I think I will have to walk/jog there tomorrow- my bike is at the station for reasons of family disorganization, so I will collect it afterwards.

IsThatTrue Sat 28-Sep-13 02:35:26

I hope you have a good run too ohone

I'm now doing the same course as last week (not the most local) as DH has organised with mil to walk around the park with ds2 while I run. after she turned up last night to 'see him' at 6.50, when he's normally in bed by 6.30, it made an interesting bedtime I can tell you

Newrowsees Sat 28-Sep-13 06:59:17

Hi parkrunners! is everyone looking forward to their runs today?

I'll try to warm up today too if I have time. I normally just copy whatever stretches I see other people doing, no idea if it works or not!

Was up early to have breakfast today. And also because I have no dry running gear - am severely behind with laundry so washed it all late last night. Might have to invest in some more if exercise is now a daily thing!

I have to cycle to Parkrun today as dh's car is out of action so he needs mine to take the dc to their swimming lessons. Better leave in plenty of time - last time I had to pedal like fury, and was knackered before I started running grin.

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Sat 28-Sep-13 08:04:18

Good luck to everyone today. I'm visiting family today so can't make it this week. Hope there are some PBs for you

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Sat 28-Sep-13 08:12:40

Morning all brew

Looks like a lovely running day today grin

Looking forward to seeing how everyone has done later, including IsThat's MIL.

Newrowsees - sports direct have some really good deals on running gear.

Holmes - take it easy on your bike! DH is up, so I can ask him for a lift smile

OhOne -I did take it easy thanks smile. But my run still felt harder. I'm a bit torn, because I really love cycling to Parkrun (if the weather's ok) but it always makes my run time a little bit slower.

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Sat 28-Sep-13 10:41:04

Lovely morning for a run today. I think I was under 29, thanks to chasing someone who just edged me last week (and had another great finish today - I was about to give up as we came round the last bend and he was peeling away, but he told me to "come on" so I did smile). I walked/jogged another mile to the station to collect my bike and cycled home and intend to lie down for the rest of the day.

Iggity Sat 28-Sep-13 10:57:34

Hope everyone had a good run this morning. Volunteered today (handed the tokens to the person handing them out) and was terrified of dropping them. DH came home in just over 20 mins. Was able to see the first runners coming home. They make it look effortless. First woman home (tied to a greyhound) started about 2 mins after everyone else. Half marathon tomorrow...nervous.

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Sat 28-Sep-13 11:01:55

Oooh Iggity good luck tomorrow. And well done to your DH!

IsThatTrue Sat 28-Sep-13 11:20:12

Oh good luck iggity

Well I'm not sure exactly but I'm pretty sure I was around 27.30!!! Which is a pb by almost 2 minutes!

Can't wait for results.

Well done everyone!

I love parkrun!!!

IsThatTrue Sat 28-Sep-13 11:21:35

ohone my mil didn't run, her and DH wandered around a little of the course then she said 'I heard there was a tea shop.' To DH so they went for tea and blueberry muffins instead!

Iggity Sat 28-Sep-13 12:15:33

Well done isthat.....great time!
Tea shops and blueberry muffins - my preferred option if I had the chance!

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Sat 28-Sep-13 12:52:02

Wow IsThat - look how far you've come since you started the thread! Well done!

This thread is not accepting new messages.