Parkrunners unite!

(1000 Posts)
IsThatTrue Thu 25-Jul-13 14:15:27

Right, lets find all the park runners we have on here. I did my first park run on sat.

I am very impressed with my time of 33.18 smile I am ridiculously pleased with myself.

So park runners, where are you?

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Tue 10-Sep-13 09:45:05

Neither did I grin

Blatherskite Tue 10-Sep-13 18:16:52

Well done OhOne

No running for me tonight. I've been really busy this week on jury service and 3yo DD was in tears last night because she's used to being with me most of the time and hadn't seen me much so I said I'd miss tonight's run and spend some time with her. She's currently sat on my lap watching her favourite TV program smile

I can always make up for it with a track session tomorrow night and a hills and sprint session on Thursday wink

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Tue 10-Sep-13 20:19:21

Awww blathers how sweet smile

IsThatTrue Tue 10-Sep-13 21:45:55

Oh bless her blathers!

Well I went out and did 5miles, but need new routes for evenings. It was much too dark to do that route today. It got a bit hairy. Thankfully all runners returned home unharmed.

9.53/mile and able to have a conversation the whole time. Not bad at all!

I think I'm going to take ds1 with me on sat, so I have to plod round and I won't be ae to push too hard and ruin my chances for Sundays race.

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Tue 10-Sep-13 22:04:03

Well done IsThat. I hate going out in the dark. I haven't had to be in work until midday for the last few weeks, which has been great for my running, but need to be in for a 9am meeting tomorrow, which means leaving at 7.30, which means getting up at stupid o'clock to run. Night night all!

Newrowsees Wed 11-Sep-13 11:42:14

Hi all, sounds like everyone's been running lots! Am away on holiday this week and have run every day so far! I always bring my trainers away with me but this is probably the first time I've actually used them. grin

I haven't run any huge distances as don't want to stray too far on unfamiliar trails, but a few decent (albeit very slow) 6-8ks should at least keep me going till my next parkrun!

Newrowsees Wed 11-Sep-13 11:42:29

Hi all, sounds like everyone's been running lots! Am away on holiday this week and have run every day so far! I always bring my trainers away with me but this is probably the first time I've actually used them. grin

I haven't run any huge distances as don't want to stray too far on unfamiliar trails, but a few decent (albeit very slow) 6-8ks should at least keep me going till my next parkrun!

IsThatTrue Wed 11-Sep-13 19:17:09

newrow well done you getting out every day!

Well I had a genius idea of taking 6yo DS with me for the parkrun this week so I can't go too fast and spoil my chances in the race on Sunday. I really want to do the 10k in under 60 minutes. So anyway, he's all signed up, he says he's ready, lets see how well he copes in the rain!

Blatherskite Wed 11-Sep-13 22:21:36

Right, jury service is over finally. I get a day with DD tomorrow and then can get back to running guilt free smile

IsThatTrue Thu 12-Sep-13 13:41:49

Yay for a day with dd blathers

Did 3.3 miles this morning with ds2 in the buggy and a friend. So chatted the whole way and managed 10.21min/mile not bad at all!

woundbobbin Thu 12-Sep-13 16:00:29

Just got back from doing a 10.4k run with dd. did it in 68mins (a few stops for traffic lights etc) so quite pleased with that wasn't sure how to pace it as it was the furthest I've run in a while.

SonorousBip Thu 12-Sep-13 16:13:50

Ooh, was just thinking of whether I'm going to do a parkrun ths weekend and then saw this thread. My new years resolution was to do a parkrun a month and to lower my personal best. Well, I have done one a month* so far and :beams: I did 26 mins 30 secs in the August one which I am astonishingly pleased with myself about smile particularly as I am just turning <cough> 50 and it was about 40 seconds quicker than my previous PB. :lance armstrong moment:

But actually the thing I am most pleased about is that my 11 year old ds has started doing it with me and after a few half hearted early attempts suddenly has taken off and is zipping round with great pleasure and in 23/24 mins. He is not good at team sports and has spent all of primary school on the fringes of footballl (which he detests) and its a really good example of how there really is a sport everyone can do and enjoy.

*March was a low point: freezing sleet and a hangover!

Blatherskite Thu 12-Sep-13 16:30:21

26:30 is a fab time Sonorous, I know a 25 year old who would be very happy with that!

I've had a lovely day with DD doing whatever she wanted so tonight is mine. Got a choice of 2 running clubs but both will be doing hills and sprints or I could do a 4 mile run....decisions decisions smile

KristinaM Thu 12-Sep-13 17:18:31

Sonorous -what a nice story about your son!

I have a non football playing 9yo who has got into badminton in the last year. He does the occasional parkrun but isn't nearly as fast as your DD ( in fact he's slower than me ) . Well done to your Ds!

IsThatTrue Thu 12-Sep-13 17:56:32

sonorous well done on your pb. I'm 26 and was over the moon to go sub 30 the past 2 weeks! This week I'm taking DS (nearly 7yo) for his first parkrun. I hope he's not quicker than me (although I will be extraordinarily proud if he does)

Well done on your 10 k blathers that's not a bad time at all.

IsThatTrue Thu 12-Sep-13 17:58:45

Sorry wound not blathers

blathers I'd personally go for a hills set with the club. But that's probably because I miss hills since I've moved my thurs run to the morning ( with the buggy) so I don't leave DH with a screaming baby 2 nights of the week sad

Blatherskite Thu 12-Sep-13 21:07:57

I did hills...and sprints...and a timed 2 mile run! I did the run in 16:15 shock

IsThatTrue Fri 13-Sep-13 09:32:25

Wow well done blathers that's amazing!

Blatherskite Fri 13-Sep-13 09:52:55

It's got me thinking....My parkrun PB is 26.30 so surely if I can do 2 miles in 16:15, I can do the other 1.1 in less than 10:15 right?!

parkrun PB?

BIWI Fri 13-Sep-13 10:47:34

Bloody hell, Blathers, that's fantastic! grin

Imwoodword Fri 13-Sep-13 10:54:01

That is some going, well done you Blathers!

Blatherskite Fri 13-Sep-13 11:54:15

I bought myself new running shoes to celebrate grin

Blatherskite Fri 13-Sep-13 17:57:15

I've just been on the "compliments you got today" thread but realised none of them would understand....

When getting my new shoes today I had another gait analysis done. Apparently I have high arches, a lovely neutral gait and a forefoot strike so can wear pretty much any shoes I want <preen> grin

Including barefoot shoes which I'm not so sure about!

IsThatTrue Fri 13-Sep-13 18:45:06

Oh blathers no non runner would understand!

I pronate quite badly so have to have support, but it's really helped stop my twisted ankle problem!

Blatherskite Fri 13-Sep-13 18:46:35

See, I knew you lot would understand smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.