Does anyone else start their new exercise regime and think (one day 1) "Right, I should be skinny and healthy now!"

(17 Posts)
Wiifitmama Wed 24-Jul-13 22:27:02

I do this every time! Once the decision is made and my head is in the right place and I have worked out for the first time, I am always surprised when I look in the mirror and my body hasn't magically changed!

Obviously I am only half serious smile but I wondered if anyone else felt this way? I restarted healthy eating and at a gym today and feel good for it, but I want instant results!

peggotty Wed 24-Jul-13 22:30:54

Haha yes I know exactly what you mean! Are you an impatient person generally? I am! I think you can generally see/feel a difference after a couple of weeks though.

D0oinMeCleanin Wed 24-Jul-13 22:32:05

YES. In fact I ask DH everyday for the first week "Am I skinnier yet? Do I look healthier?"

I am 4 months in now and still not skinny, but I do need new jeans and gave up and bought a bra today after I fell out of the bottom of mine in the middle of Tesco blush

Wiifitmama Wed 24-Jul-13 22:33:28

Impatient? Me? blush Maybe just a little!

Yup, me too! If only the mind was really so powerful!!

DIddled Wed 24-Jul-13 22:38:30

Just back from Hols- first day back at work I ran home 4 miles. At lunchtime I went out and bought a keep at work hair dryer and basic kit so I can run to work and shower. So much easier to do it if you plan ahead and less running round for me in school Hols, so more flexibility.

Need to shift those beer and kebab pounds smile so running in tomorrow!!

runningonwillpower Wed 24-Jul-13 22:42:27

I don't even give it a day. I only have to buy a bit of equipment to expect it to work. Like some sort of osmosis.

That pilates exercise band that I never even took out of the wrapper continues to disappoint.

Wiifitmama Wed 24-Jul-13 22:48:46

Running

Wiifitmama Wed 24-Jul-13 22:49:18

Sorry!

Runningonwillpower- that is so funny!

D0oinMeCleanin Wed 24-Jul-13 22:50:45

You think that's bad running, my cross trainer has shown no results in a year and I use it every day angry They are for hanging clothes on, aren't they?

Poppy4453 Thu 25-Jul-13 09:49:36

Lol, oh yes me to, i do the shred and run upstairs to admire the changes.

Wiifitmama Fri 26-Jul-13 21:42:21

Ok, two sessions in now with horrendously achey muscles. My stomach should be flat now right?? smile

happyreindeer Fri 26-Jul-13 21:53:51

Your body and muscle must have got used to what you are doing on the cross trainer. Try mixing it up a bit. I do aquarobics 5 times a week and I am seeing good results.

Purplefurrydice Sat 27-Jul-13 18:54:06

I've been exercising for 5 months now and I still look in the mirror and wonder why I'm not a size 8 yet!

cocolepew United States Sat 27-Jul-13 22:48:54

I did aTae Bo DVD yesterday and don't appear to be any slimmer hmm I might ask for my money back grin

My ribs are bloody killing me though.

katykuns Sat 27-Jul-13 23:04:41

Yes! I am like this. Then a week in I fully give up because it hasn't worked. I am morbidly obese, so have a long way to go until 'skinny' sad

lurkingfromhome Mon 29-Jul-13 12:35:55

Yes, that is me. Have done first run of Couch to 5K and had an apple instead of a biscuit at 11am. Am now wondering if i've dropped a dress size yet. Madness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now