30 Day Shred July Challenge - join here

(375 Posts)
PessimisticMissPiggy Sat 29-Jun-13 18:48:24

I became I follower of The Shred in June. My reasons are below. Share yours and let's shred together! I lost 5lbs my first week combining the DVD with WW.

I'm a size 16-18, 13st5lbs, 5'8", flabby, wobbly, unfit and desperate to shift the back fat that's making my new correctly sized bra lumpy.

I want my toddler to stop burying her face in my fat belly and blowing raspberries that make my boobs jiggle.

I want my DH to comment my nice arse again.

I want my double chin to melt away.

I want to walk up 5 flights of stairs without lactic acid burning my thighs and being out of breath.

I'm not going to stop until I'm size 12, under 11st and feel like I love my body again. I've hated my body for the last 13 years and I want to look in the mirror and feel good.

Shred is phase one. If I have to do all of Jillian's programmes then so be it.

iWillDoItInAMinute Wed 31-Jul-13 19:13:05

L3D5 done - last post on July thread for me

Hope to see you all on the August one !!!!

iWillDoItInAMinute Wed 31-Jul-13 12:47:37

Good thinking MrsB I suffered a hairy back incident so I now regularly vacuum the rug before I start grin

MrsBertMacklin Wed 31-Jul-13 11:03:07

Morning. I am grimly determined to start Shredding again today, have just vacuumed the carpet in preparation for having my face on the ground, just letting my coffee settle in my stomach then I'll be doing it. Will pop over to the August thread to update and then can pretend that I've been keeping up all along blush

WELL DONE to everyone who's kept on track and it's really encouraging to see that you're getting positive results.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 31-Jul-13 08:54:26

Even though its still July, I've gone over to the August thread to start my second time around. See you all over there. smile

NoelHeadbands Wed 31-Jul-13 06:45:41

August thread Here

GrimmaTheNome Wed 31-Jul-13 00:17:25

Its (only just!) the 31st! We've another day to do here first.

PessimisticMissPiggy Wed 31-Jul-13 00:11:20

Well done Noel
Is there a linky to next thread?

NoelHeadbands Tue 30-Jul-13 21:30:48

Thank you, yes I'm chuffed smile

I need to take some more photos, see if there's some visible differences <fingers crossed>

I'm going to plough straight on and redo the whole thing I think...looking forward to Level 1!

GrimmaTheNome Tue 30-Jul-13 21:28:40

High five, Noel! grin

Here we go again!

iWillDoItInAMinute Tue 30-Jul-13 21:02:06

Congratulations Noel that's fantastic !!!!

No playdough trophy for you I'm afraid -as the DC are in bed and its frowned upon if I play with it when they are not -

But I will raise -and drink- a beer in your honour grin

Yes not long now, I was contemplating starting L1 on August 1st, but I think I'll do my -torture- 6 more L3 days

I hope you're very proud !!!

NoelHeadbands Tue 30-Jul-13 20:43:41

Day 30 done!

Anita most of the way though- push ups are beyond me still; I'm in real danger of a broken nose every time I attempt them.

Back to L1D1 tomorrow- you're not so far off finishing yourself now iWill smile

Well done everyone

iWillDoItInAMinute Tue 30-Jul-13 19:39:42

L3D4 done - not too bad today. I managed the Natalie's for the plank lift with weight thingy Yay!!

Still Anita's for travelling pushups, boooo !!

Headred Tue 30-Jul-13 12:53:40

Grimma - thank you I will stick at it

GrimmaTheNome Tue 30-Jul-13 11:40:37

thigh loss? thigh rub

GrimmaTheNome Tue 30-Jul-13 10:53:11

I didn't measure myself at the start - wish I had! Weight about half a stone. As previously mentioned, trousers loose and able to walk in shorts without thigh loss. And generally stronger!

5:2 - there's loads about it (there's a 5:2 + shred thread going) but basically its 500 cals Mon and Thur , then eat normally the rest of the time. And I've just had a little rumble to remind me that I had a couple of cups of tea pre-shred, and lots of water but I've not had breakfast yet.

iWillDoItInAMinute Tue 30-Jul-13 10:46:56

Noel please note I'm coming for you next smile

iWillDoItInAMinute Tue 30-Jul-13 10:44:44

Congratulations Grimma !!!!! flowers

I have made you a trophy out of play dough (and a book worm)

Could you give us an inch/weight loss recap and maybe some thoughts on which areas have seen the most improvement? Plus details of diet, I think it's 5:2?? -I feel like I should have a microphone shoved up your nose- grin

Three cheers for our fab Grimma !!!!

NoelHeadbands Tue 30-Jul-13 10:37:48

Well Done Grimma!

GrimmaTheNome Tue 30-Jul-13 10:07:05

Day 30 DONE !

A mix of Natalie and Anita - as well as the push-ups, the one in the first set where you're in a plank on your elbows I simply can't do full stretch (I do one arm then topple over) though its quite easy done on the knees.

iWillDoItInAMinute Tue 30-Jul-13 08:50:57

Good luck Grimma !!!!!!

Will it be all Natalie for the finale?? -Apart from travelling push-ups as they are just wrong-

GrimmaTheNome Tue 30-Jul-13 08:23:15

Just trying to wake myself up enough to get on with it.

Headred - yes, it does hurt esp for the first 4 days or so but I think it really is worth it if you can stick with it. I reckon its one of the best fivers I've spent. smile

Headred Tue 30-Jul-13 07:51:11

Day 2 - ouch that hurt. Please tell me it will be worth it

OverAndAbove Tue 30-Jul-13 06:56:05

I've done L2 days 8 and 9 over the last two days. I'm so hot I've had to put a towel on the sofa to drink my tea on.

Legs and shoulders looking good. Belly, not so much. Note to self - stop drinking wine!

NoelHeadbands Tue 30-Jul-13 06:28:08

Morning all <waves>

I'll be doing my D30 later tonight woohoo! Can't believe I've made it tbh grin Let us know how it feels Grimma if you do it before me

IWill the abs are under there somewhere but I'm not going to be flashing my six pack at the beach this August, that's for sure!

Have a good day all

GrimmaTheNome Mon 29-Jul-13 22:43:46

>Noel and Grimma I hope your abs appear after tomorrow

That would be nice, but I can feel that I've actually got some now, so don't mind if they're a bit shy about making an appearance!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now