30 Day Shred July Challenge - join here

(375 Posts)
PessimisticMissPiggy Sat 29-Jun-13 18:48:24

I became I follower of The Shred in June. My reasons are below. Share yours and let's shred together! I lost 5lbs my first week combining the DVD with WW.

I'm a size 16-18, 13st5lbs, 5'8", flabby, wobbly, unfit and desperate to shift the back fat that's making my new correctly sized bra lumpy.

I want my toddler to stop burying her face in my fat belly and blowing raspberries that make my boobs jiggle.

I want my DH to comment my nice arse again.

I want my double chin to melt away.

I want to walk up 5 flights of stairs without lactic acid burning my thighs and being out of breath.

I'm not going to stop until I'm size 12, under 11st and feel like I love my body again. I've hated my body for the last 13 years and I want to look in the mirror and feel good.

Shred is phase one. If I have to do all of Jillian's programmes then so be it.

HootShoot Sun 30-Jun-13 16:28:22

Thanks Good, I shall get myself over to Amazon now!

GoodtoBetter Sun 30-Jun-13 16:30:53

don't buy it, Hoot watch it on youtube and give it a go first.

HootShoot Sun 30-Jun-13 17:54:34

Too late I hit go before coming back to this thread! At least I'll have fewer excuses if I actuallyown the thing!

kefybaby Sun 30-Jun-13 21:11:30

Moving across from the June thread.
I have a week to go until I go on (extended, as currently on mat leave) holidays in my home country. I have a fair bit of weight left to lose from my second pregnancy (DD2 is 4 months old) and I am generally quite unfit. I have done levels 1 and 2 and should moving on to level 3, but today I woke up with a nasty cold sad.
I had never exercised with a DVD before (I used to do the occasional gym class to justify my membership) and I am amazed by how quick and easy (ok - not always!) it is to slot exercise into one's day.
I also do it with bare feet and I have now also bought some light weights (I was previously using baked beans tins!).
The challenge for me will be keeping it up once I am away as I will have no DVD player or wifi available.

IWillDoItInAMinute Sun 30-Jun-13 21:16:22

I'm in...must do better than last time blush

Ithink mind your knees when Shredding, mine really hurt which is why I stopped after 5 days -and because I'm lazy-

I will be using YT too, not sure if I'm willing to pay to have Jillian shout at me grin

Are we all going to put our stats on here? If so will tomorrow.

Good luck everyone -if you're anything like me- we'll be in pain but feeling v smug tomorrow !!

Good luck everyone, I'm a year on. I've lost 2 stone and gone from a 14 to 8/10. I have a six pack, biceps and I am strong. I wish someone had told me 10 years ago what could be achieved from 20 minutes 4 or 5 times a week.

GoodtoBetter Sun 30-Jun-13 21:23:43

Just done day 30 and god my pelvic floors are bad blush. Are you supposed to shred everyday for 30 days?

Chubfuddler Sun 30-Jun-13 21:27:45

Blimey clueless. Do you still do it every day?

NoRainNoRainbow Sun 30-Jun-13 21:34:09

I'm in, I'm 5'2" and 9 st

NoRainNoRainbow Sun 30-Jun-13 21:36:01

I'm in, I'm 5'2" and 9st 4, want to get down to 8st 10 and be toned.

I have the DVD, I'm going to do it for the first time tomorrow.

I've cut out snacks and fizzy drinks etc
3 healthy meals a day and walking every day too.

earlymidlifecrisis Sun 30-Jun-13 21:37:50

Started yesterday and maaaaaannn do I hurt. Everywhere. Am I supposed to be doing this every day or every other? hopes

Chubfuddler Sun 30-Jun-13 21:39:40

Every day. Some people skip weekends.

FattyMcChubster Sun 30-Jun-13 21:40:54

Right I'm in. Start day one tomorrow. Expect you lot to keep me in check and shout at me if I don't report in!

Goodbye flab!

BabCNesbitt Sun 30-Jun-13 21:42:40

I'm in! No idea how much I weigh, but I'm 5' 5" and around a size 14 atm and just get utterly breathless at the tiniest amount of exercise. I want to be able to run around with DD (20mo) without wheezing! (Probably cutting back on beer would help too hmm ) I actually bought the DVD and some funnels about a month ago but they've just been gathering dust in that time!

Stupid question: is it worth watching the thing through first before doing it, or should I just throw myself into it?

blondieminx Sun 30-Jun-13 21:51:29

Signing in!

I don't want to lose weight but I need to tone up - my middle is all squidgy and all my clothes are tighter than I'd like!

I keep doing 3 days then being too busy and then leaving it a week. Saw pics on fb of a girl I went to school with looking amazing in a bikini on hols, she's got 2 kids.

DC2 highly unlikely now for me, so I need to stop thinking its not worth getting my waistline back if I might fall pg, and just get on with it!

DD calls the Shred "the bouncy DVD" grin

can I join please?

I lost a stone before Christmas through low carbing but the carbs found me and I've put 8lbs back on.

Have dipped in and out of shred but need someone to motivate me to keep it up.

PessimisticMissPiggy Sun 30-Jun-13 22:17:36

bab just throw yourself in!

I'm doing 2 days off during the week, not two together.

blondieminx Sun 30-Jun-13 22:20:06

newpencilcase We can all nag remind each other here!

Just got the tape measure out..., My waist is 30in but the horrid squidgy bit below my belly button measures 35in shock

Sarahlundismyhero Sun 30-Jun-13 22:32:19

I'm in also - been shredding for the last week or so- want to tone up mostly- don't have much weight to lose but want to get fit and toned before I hit 40 soon grin I'm doing it every other day in between other activity- on work out 2 for this week and finding that hard-
What weights to you all use?? Ie think mine are really heavy ! They are 5lb each --- argghhh!!

Sarahlundismyhero Sun 30-Jun-13 22:43:54

Ps does anyone else think jillian michaels looks like Linda Hamilton from Terminatorwink???

Chubfuddler Sun 30-Jun-13 22:47:26

If you watch it you won't do it. Honestly just do it.

IWillDoItInAMinute Mon 01-Jul-13 07:53:22

Great observation SarahLund ! I thought Jillian looks like Danielle from RHONJ (before anyone comments on lack of judgement re TV, it was a long time ago and I was much younger -and thinner- then grin

It's so weird I had to google Shred Jillian to make sure!!

GrimmaTheNome Mon 01-Jul-13 08:09:21

>Ps does anyone else think jillian michaels looks like Linda Hamilton from Terminator

I was thinking she looked like Kirsty Alley but LH more like it.

I did my day 7 yesterday (had Saturday off). Stats? 5'1", 62.7 kg (sorry, DH likes the scale set metric).. shite, that's nearly 10st. I'm 52 and though I could do with shifting some weight the main thing I want out of this is more strength ... my 14 yr old DD is stronger than me and is taking the piss out of me esp if we're doing watersports. I can feel a bit more muscle already smile

I'm using 5lb weights - they're fine for some of the moves but a bit big for others - I can do the moves but might need a couple of short pauses.

Someone was asking about shoes - I started barefoot but then tried with trainers on - find that I can do the lunges better with shoes on and doesn't make any difference to anything else.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 01-Jul-13 08:15:50

At the end of the June thread, someone said 'Those of you who can't do press ups, have you had your press ups checked out by somebody who can see where you're going wrong?

- because quite a lot of us find press-ups impossible. I don't have anyone who could tell me (well, I expect DH would find something to say and DD would laugh, but I'm not sure they could give good advice on form!). So I've a question - does anyone know of a youtube or suchlike which describes in detail how to do press-ups for people - in particular women - who can't?

julie81 Mon 01-Jul-13 08:47:27

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Push-Up

Hi have been reading your threads and love them. Have done shred, ripped and back on shred at moment. Still struggle with push ups. Practise on wall to strengthen arms. See above link Grimma if it helps, I am using as a guide to try and master it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now