Walking Shoes, supportive but still trendy???

(15 Posts)
mercury7 Thu 27-Jun-13 23:00:33
Wiifitmama Thu 27-Jun-13 22:32:07

Wow! I love those! But £80?? shock

mercury7 Thu 27-Jun-13 22:30:43

I quite like these for walking www.keenfootwear.com/

LIZS Thu 27-Jun-13 21:12:06

or these

Wiifitmama Thu 27-Jun-13 19:13:41

I walk 7 miles a day or more and up until recently was wearing Nike. I have always worn and loved Nike. But they are not standing up to the hours spent walking. My big toe has made a whole in the top of two pairs in the last 6 months. The mesh top (for breath ability) and the trend towards lighter and lighter weight is just not good for walking (though probably great for aerobics classes!)

In the end, the other week I bought these at half the price of Nike. I have walked about 40 miles in them already and they are very comfortable. Are they high fashion? No. But no less so than anything you linked to.

Bunbaker Thu 27-Jun-13 19:13:10

I have those Sketchers and they are the most amazingly comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. I wore them sightseeing on holiday and walked miles in them. They are utterly brilliant.

angeltulips Thu 27-Jun-13 19:07:48

Don't know your budget but Nike ID have just done a collaboration with liberty - you can get Nike ID trainers custom made with your choice of liberty print & sole colour etc. don't seem to be anymore expensive than "normal' trainers. I've just got my pair ( they take 4 weeks to arrive) and they are great!

LIZS Thu 27-Jun-13 19:05:19
LIZS Thu 27-Jun-13 19:03:11

Sorry don't think any of those are really supportive if you plan to walk in any active way . The Skechers are the nearest but really you need a good instep and shock absorbing sole, probably lace up or bungee.

Movingforward123 Thu 27-Jun-13 18:58:07

Well I meant to start walking for about an hour per day, then progressing to about two hours per day. I'm not sure if you would consider that proper walking smile

Rooble Thu 27-Jun-13 18:45:32

(But I suppose the its Sketchers ones would hold on ok!)

Rooble Thu 27-Jun-13 18:43:00

Any ones shaped like pumps will not hold onto your foot properly and you'll get sore tendons on the top of your foot. I'm not sure if you mean you want to walk a little bit - ie not drive door-to-door all the time, or if you mean really WALK. But I'd suggest good walking trainers eg North Face or Merrell ( you can get them in Decathlon). These won't meet your fashion criterion, but they will stop you getting sore feet.

LetItBeMe Thu 27-Jun-13 18:31:28

north face hedgehogs?

Movingforward123 Wed 26-Jun-13 11:58:57
Movingforward123 Wed 26-Jun-13 11:54:09

I need some comfortable walking shoes. I never walk anywhere and I need to start. I normally wear uggs or ballet pumps, but pumps are not supportive and today I tried walking in vans and got a blister.

Any recommendations?

What about these sketchers

or

these ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now