Help me to be motivated

(12 Posts)
Movingforward123 Sat 29-Jun-13 08:20:56

Bssh - the diet my pt have me is very doable, the problem is right now I'm in the frame of mind where I just want to eat junk hmm well done on your weightloss. That's excellent!

I looked up some information yesterday on compulsive eating and I feel Like that's what I do confused and I know food is the key, but my mind set isn't enabling me to stick to healthy eating at the moment and it's really upsetting me. And it just sounds stupid to me, I desperately want to loose weight and stop eating but I won't.

I started walking to school and back a few days last week, my ankle did ache from it but my physio did advise me to walk to strengthen it so I'm going to try to keep it up.

I'm seriously thinking about quitting with my pt confused I keep throwing money at the loosing weight situation always paying for this or that to help me loose weight but it doesn't happen.

I'm just not following his eating plan or exercise plan right now. I feel like its a waste of my money, but if I quit will feel like a failure!

I don't know what to do!

Movingforward123 Sat 29-Jun-13 08:12:46

I do prefer classes and group exercise. I find the gym very dull hmm

Your ankle might be OK cycling.

BsshBossh Wed 26-Jun-13 13:48:31

Swimming might be a good idea. Walking too. But if these also puts strain on your ankle, perhaps forget about exercise for the time being and focus on food - what is it about the PT's diet advice that you (perhaps?) find boring? Is there a way of dieting that you'd prefer? Come and peruse the weight loss boards - loads of ideas there (I'm doing 5:2, others like low-carbing, yet others find success in logging calories). I lost the majority of my weight (3 stones of it) on diet alone and then lost a further 2 stones combining diet (5:2) and exercise (running & weight lifting).

Belugagrad Wed 26-Jun-13 11:43:38

Do you prefer classes? I don't like the gym, classes are ok for me but my best mate swears by them.

How do you feel about swimming and cycling? Some
Ppl Rave about spinning fr weight loss.

I respect losing weight is a goal, and you probs have a target weight, but maybe have a fitness goal too? Running obvs is no good on your ankle but I think a fitness goal
Might help you re-focus.

Do you have a thinspiration? Mine is Jillian michaels and Hayden panettiere, sometimes helps!

Movingforward123 Tue 25-Jun-13 20:58:10

No I've never really enjoyed being in the gym. The only exercise I have ever really enjoyed is polefitness, but as my ankle is not back to normal I don't think I am ready for that yet.

And my goal is just to loose weigh. hmm

Belugagrad Tue 25-Jun-13 20:40:35

You need a goal and an exercise you love. You sound goalless and did you ever enjoy this work out? Find a passion, exercise can be fun!

Movingforward123 Tue 25-Jun-13 16:33:26

Soulsister - I think I often find exercise boring and feel
More motivated in the classes. But because of my injury I am very limited in what I can do hmm

I do really want to make changes but I seem to self sabotage a lot confused and I can't seem to stop, no matter how I happy being over weight makes me feel!

Movingforward123 Tue 25-Jun-13 16:30:46

Molly - thanks for your advice, I think
My PT is wry good but I just think I'm being lazy hmm

HeySoulSister Tue 25-Jun-13 13:21:16

Are you finding it boring because of your injury?

Doesn't sound like you want the results from this enough

mollybupmysport Tue 25-Jun-13 11:40:51

Sounds like he/she isn't the right PT for you. Chosing a personal trainer is a very personal choice and you need to connect with them and be inspired by them. It's not your fault- why not look at more options.

Can i recommend upmysport.com as a great place to look through a range of Personal Trainer profiles and get a great idea about what kind of person/training plan would work for you.

Good luck and I hope you get inspired soon!

Molly

Movingforward123 Tue 25-Jun-13 10:08:12

I've signed up with a personal trainer that has wrote me a diet and workout plan, I'm not eating as the plan says I should and I am trying to exercise but finding it boring.

I am still recovering from a sprained ankle with torn ligaments so it's difficult to vary my workout and I'm getting bored. hmm

It's frustrating that I am paying my pt to write plans etc but I'm just not following them hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now